Successful overclock?

Discussion in 'Mods, Guides & Overclocking' started by Hidden, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome New Member

This program is specifically made for Intel cpu's by Intel. its a wonder it works on AMD chippery at all and the fact that it seems ineffective is all but expected.

It works regradless of core count, too.

2. ecktt

ecktt New Member

Antec Super LAN Boy (out of production)

3. ecktt

ecktt New Member

void flame(){
    Kinda makes you wonder why AMD doesn't release a similar piece of software.}

:p

BTW
    Thinking i could get a better temp on my CPU, I properly lapped my CPU and Heat sink. The stupid thing is, ambient temperature has plenty to do with it. Throwing around numbers without environmental factors is pointless. When I first ran the IntelBurn 1.7, it was in my office which is 19C on a hot day. The peak temp of 55 was with a system temp 24C and quick 260 emery lap of the cpu and my TRUE with a 120 mm Panaflow 114 cmf fand and a pair of 120mm Silverstone 110 cmf fans on the intake and exahust on the case. Idel temps were 26-29C

AFTER properly lapping the CPU and TRUE heat sink, in a room at 24C; my system temp is 38C and CPU is 78C with IntelBurn. You might think lapping was point less and made things worse but I'm now running at 3 GHZ with 1.3875V; something that I could not have done before.

My cold office was the reason for the low temp of 53C