Xam'd : Lost Memories

Discussion in 'Anime and Comics' started by Xecutiona, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

Well, Last year when i saw that there was a PSN only release of an anime series i was kinda skeptical on what quality would be delivered to consumers.(monster hunter anyone?) But on wednesday night i gave in to some of the prodding of a very "learned" anime fan and decided to watch the first episode.

Today is Saturday morning, 8:14AM GMT, and i have succeeded in watching all but the final episode of this series. This becomes available on Thursday. Until then, i am writing to give you my impression of this 2 season, 26 episode series.

This series comes as a result of a joint venture between Sony Computer Entertainment, Aniplex and Bones,(Full metal Alchemist.) and as such, the animation is crisp, clean and beautiful in high definition. The battle scenes are not lost in a blur of colour like what we see with other stylised anime, thus bringing in high points in my book.

The story, the most important part of a series does not fall short. In the 25 episodes that ive seen so far, i am convinced that it is one of my favourite, with code geass, death note and ergo proxy also in that category(should you want to know what my taste is)
    i only hope that the ending isnt royally stuffed.

Entertainment wise the series keeps the pace with well placed battles, however sometimes you may be wondering exactly what people are fighting for. This was actually one of my major concerns throughout watching. however, further on it is explained. So if you start watching and get dismayed keep strong!

might i add that the ost is kinda cool!

brief synopsis:

The lead character(Akiyuki) was a victim of a terrorist attack on his schoolbus, the result of which granted him with the power to transform into a powerful creature called xam'd. As a result, the series travels with Akiyuki as he learns the virtues and demerits of his curse, as well as the reason the Xam'd exists.

On a 10 point scale i would give it a 8.5/9
    check it out!

2. Larutus

Larutus New Member

looking at this right now as per your recommendation, pretty impressed thus far, just into episode 11 at the moment.

small gripe, i really not sure about the background into all the fighting etc, but you did say it would be explained further on so we'll see.

3. Hero

Hero New Member

Will definitely check it out later.

4. Hero

Hero New Member

I watched 2 episodes yesterday. Yeah it was crisp but thus far its kind of weird ... no beyond weird. Its good so far though, never been into much mecha animes other than gundam.

Will stack this with the others but IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD EVANGELION STREAM SITE PLEASE TELL ME. Also starting code geass today ... i know right ... about time i got around to it. one of u suggested hakuouki its going good i think episode 6 english out yesterday.

5. Hero

Hero New Member

Actually made a mini xam'd amv. its not much about a 1 1/2 of work. Had the episode, had the song and decided to use xam so it doesnt fit a whole lot but w/e it was fun to edit.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz6GUh2-PMY"]YouTube- Can you find me? Xam'd lost memories