Wp7

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by satanspy, Mar 6, 2011.

1. satanspy

satanspy New Member

Microsofts Windows phone 7.. its an amazing new OS and probably going to give apple and google a run for their money, its got integrated xboxlive and a very innovative interface, is this available in TT yet? what you guys think of this platform?

2. mojo

mojo New Member

Windows Phone 7 isn't that new. It's been around since last year and we're already in March. It's a really great and solid mobile platform and I'm particularly impressed by the low cost of development for the OS.

It's fiercest competitor is Android if you ask me. iOS' days are numbered (just like everything else that comes from Job's Mobs) and Blackberry will always be an outdated gamechanger who makes great marketing decisions to keep their business alive.

Android has a slight edge over WP7 at the moment because it can run on not so juicy hardware while WP7 demands some horse power under the hood. There is also the whole open source advantage when coupled with cheaper hardware makes the end cost of android devices a lot cheaper than a WP7 device.

If you were looking for a user experience opinion and my babbling has probably bored you I apologize :(

3. kayode

kayode Active Member

I was intrigued by Android for a while, but I find myself leaning more and more towards WP7. I like the grid GUI, and the performance videos I've seen look more stable and consistent.

The Android segmenting and updating drama has really turned me off of the OS.

4. doomtack

doomtack New Member

Getting mine this week, will let you know.

However the main reason I'm getting one is because i'm a silverlight / .net developer, which means that developing apps for the phone is a breeze... that's the main attraction for me.

5. spreadtech

spreadtech New Member

well i have one of these phones for the past 4 months(Samsung focus ) and it is a very fast and everything is linked very nice

6. satanspy

satanspy New Member

cool, i meant new as in the newest Mobile OS currently, im liking mine as well i have a LG optimus 7, one thing i will say is that wp7 has the smoothest scrolling and pinch and zoom interface, its almost perfect the iphones is flawless, and blackberry and androids are noticably choppy. anyone on the forums who has it add "satanspy" to xbox live theres already a ton of multiplayer games out.