Video Armageddon 2013: Ultimate Injustice (UMvC3/Injustice)

Discussion in 'Events, Tournaments and Leagues' started by New Era Outlaw, Jun 7, 2013.

1. New Era Outlaw

New Era Outlaw Active Member

Well, well, well. It's been a while, hasn't it folks?
    After several months of being under a rock, I wanted to get the ball rolling again, with a double header tournament for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Injustice: Gods Among Us. Click the poster below for more info:

[​IMG]

PRE-REGISTER BY CLICKING HERE!

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:

DATE: Sunday 21st July, 2013
    VENUE: Game Concepts, #46 Broadway Street, Arima (Opposite Republic Bank)
    TIME: Registration begins at 11am, ends at 12 NOON
    ADMISSION: $60 per contestant for single tournament entry, $100 per contestant for entry to both tournaments

RULES AND REGULATIONS

GENERAL
    THIS IS A B.Y.O.C. (Bring Your Own Controller) EVENT!
    TOURNAMENT LIMIT: 32 PLAYERS PER GAME.
    The format for this tournament will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.
    In ALL rounds up to the Finals, Matches will be BEST TWO OUT OF THREE.
    Final Matches will be BEST THREE OUT OF FIVE.

All Timers are to be set to its default setting, the same applies to 'Handicaps'.

ALL PS3 CONTROLLERS ARE TO BE SWITCHED OFF AFTER EACH MATCH.

All records of the tournament will be kept both manually and using Challonge.

SHUMA GORATH AND JILL WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3.
    DLC CHARACTER AVAILABILITY FOR INJUSTICE WILL BE DEPENDENT ON DLC RELEASE SCHEDULE.

NOTE: In the event of any changes to the tournament format as well as the availability of the DLC characters, players will be notified either before, or, in dire or unforseen circumstances, during the tournament. Please keep this in mind.

POOR SPORTSMANSHIP/BAD CONDUCT BEFORE/DURING/AFTER TOURNAMENT MAY RESULT IN EVICTION FROM THE TOURNAMENT AREA AND FORFEITING ANY PRIZES EARNED WITHOUT A REFUND.

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 RULES:

Match Winner must keep current team and Assist moves. Losing players may change teams and/or Assists in the next match.

Any glitches that cause disruptions in overall gameplay are FORBIDDEN. Matches will be restarted in the event of an unforseen glitch. In the event that a PS3 controller accidentally interrupts a match in progress, that match will be started over.

Turbo functionality for controllers/arcade sticks are NOT ALLOWED at this event.

Arcade sticks ARE allowed, and encouraged if the players have them.

X-Box to PS3 converter cables ARE allowed.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US RULES

All fights are as follows:
    Each fight is best two out of three rounds (Default)
    The player who wins best TWO out of THREE fights will be declared the WINNER in ALL fights EXCLUDING THE FINAL MATCH, which is best THREE OUT OF FIVE.

Match Winner must keep current fighter. Losing players may change fighter or opt to keep current character.

Stage interactions/hazards ARE allowed. NO Stages are banned at this time.

Any glitches that cause disruptions in overall gameplay are FORBIDDEN. Matches will be restarted in the event of an unforseen glitch.

Turbo functionality for controllers/arcade sticks are NOT ALLOWED at this event.

Arcade sticks ARE allowed, and encouraged if the players have them.

X-Box to PS3 converter cables ARE allowed.

PRIZES

This is an all-cash tournament. The prizes are as follows for each game:

1ST PRIZE: $500.00
    2ND PRIZE: $200.00

However, I always like to go one step beyond for those who take part in my tournaments. With that said, I'd like to throw in this handy bonus: The more people that enter this tournament, the larger the prize pool may get. That does depend on turnout, though, so bring a friend! (Or five. Ten would be awesome.)

HOW DO I GET THERE?

COMING FROM PORT OF SPAIN/CUREPE/ST. AUGUSTINE, ETC.

1. Board a Maxi bound for Arima on the Priority Bus Route.
    2. Stay on the Maxi until it reaches the final drop-off point (there will be a Chinese Restaurant immediately on your right)
    3. Walk down a block (where all of the Maxis are further down) and turn RIGHT towards the Dial. (you can ask where the dial is)
    4. Keep walking forward.
    5. See that block where PAYLESS SHOE SOURCE is? Walk along that sidewalk straight down.
    6. You should be passing the following places: DIGICEL, SUBWAY, KFC, PHOTO STUDIO. If you haven't passed these, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
    7. IMMEDIATELY after the Photo Studio, you should see the door to GAME CONCEPTS on your right, OPPOSITE REPUBLIC BANK. You can tell it's Game Concepts because they have a grey gate leading to a flight of stairs there.
    8. Press the buzzer and walk in.
    9. ????
    10. Profit!

COMING FROM SOUTH?

There are taxis that will take you to Curepe Junction, a little further down from KFC and past the Carenage Library. Once you're in Curepe, follow the instructions above to get you to Game Concepts.

COMING FROM THE FUTURE?

I'll make you a deal. Tell me the winning lottery numbers and I'll let you in for free.

Hope to see you all there! Let's hope for an awesome tournament!