Tournament Coverage - Caribbean Best of the Best - First Vids Up

Discussion in 'Event Reports' started by New Era Outlaw, Sep 2, 2008.

1. New Era Outlaw

New Era Outlaw Active Member

I'll nag you till the sun turns NOVA for that beautiful bean footage. :p
    But geez....

No need to be bitter, mang. :p

I'm extremely grateful that you got some footage, no question about that, but in all seriousness, you does real stick sometimes in releasing it. Speaking of which, any progress on the vids from the JAVA Console War? I has the trailer for it on mah PC here, and that was over a year ago....

2. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

I'll remember next time I take video to encode it without the use of a monitor like I had to do with the finals, its annoying to have people ask you "Is it done" x n especially when they KNOW your monitor is busted.

Also as you know that video from last year was on VHS, which I have no player for atm and I have no clue where the tape is.

In short if I got video it'll be released when its ready or when I think its ready.

3. New Era Outlaw

But...but.....nagging you is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

:<

4. Geese

no. its definitely not.

not when i'm in an extremely bad mood.

5. New Era Outlaw

Whoa...sorry. I didn't realise. =(

6. bill

bill New Member

sound like blizz more plz

7. Maniac

Maniac New Member

AH LOVE IT!! ke ke ke...

i love that custom-built arcade thingy, its perfect!!!
    so people can go either/or, ive often been in or witnessed situations where there are clashes on either platform/control setup and men like to buss up dey mouth and say "oh if was arcade or oh if was control pad, blah blah blah, so no excuses! sweet!!

hats off to FGM and all others who hosted/contributed to said event
    and hats off to NEO for first place in Marvel vs Capcom 2, gj!

8. New Era Outlaw

To me, at least, that was the big draw of that tournament. The fact that you could play on either pad on arcade stick and leave behind any lame excuses for losing.

Anyway, thanks for the congrats, but I'd feel a whole lot better about it if those victories were a bit more consistent. To be honest, Whiplash wasn't playing at his best at that tournament, and it was just by happenstance that I beat Karl. Not to mention the fact that I'm a bit cross at the way the Youtube video was presented (I play to win, not to show off, folks. Hard luck if that was so 'underwhelming') because it really feels like I was being put down there. To be honest, because of that, now I just feel 'meh-ish' about winning the tournament.

Well, Karl is organising a 'heats' down by St. James at the end of September, and there are a hell of a lot of experienced players down there that I need to get the hang of fighting. I think if Karl does get another tournament running, and these fellas do come, then you'd see a good old fashioned BRAWL.

9. Geese

Underwhelming referring to whiplash playing to show off, not you, take it however you want.

10. New Era Outlaw

My bad. I think you'll understand why I misunderstood, though.

11. Imperial_X

Imperial_X New Member

I think this was a cool event apart from a few hitches that could be easily eliminated.

1) Too many games being played.

2) Too much time spent on one game.

3) There needed to be at least one extra tv. I will personally try to help out here next time around.

4) DOTA

5) The noise level. Basically on account of number 4 but generally I don't mean the heckling and regular shit talk but big men making noise like ladies while others blasting annoying ass mp3s on their pc combine to give you the grandest headache experience ever.

6) There were minor joystick issues that needed to be resolved. I suppose this will be rectified next tournament so yea....

I'll talk to Karl concerning these things but otherwise, great event. Impressive turnout for MvC2 I will admit. The only other game pulling that many people out is either Hyper or Tekken.

12. New Era Outlaw

I think Karl already has plans in place to rectify most of those problems in time for the next tournament, so it should be a lot better next time around.

13. Geese

any dates in mind as yet ?

14. New Era Outlaw

I think he's gearing for December. I know we're going to war this Saturday in the St. James arcade, so I'll ask him when I get there the day after tomorrow.