Tg Ban/safelist

Discussion in 'PvPGN Server (Read only)' started by Paradoxxx, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

INTRO

Hi folks a while back we discussed implementing techniques of improving the quality of the games on the local server. I was reminded of the plague of leavers last night (on my off afternoon) and decided to make a move to fix this issue.

The techique will require hosts to download, configure and run a 3rd party application named w3cbanlist during the hosting process. The application will read two global lists and inform the host whether a user is on a safelist or on a banlist.

The host can choose to play games with ONLY safelisted players or revoke players that are on the banlist.

The global safelist/banlists can not be added to or modified at this moment cept manually by Myself, scar and dinesh. I will be providing user interfaces for power users to allow them to maintain the lists.

Please feel free to send TG admins a PM with information that you will like added to either list in the following format.

List (ban or safe)
    username reason

e.g

safelist
    sloth-noob DSL, doesn't sell most of the time
    VISP DSL, pimps various chicks in RBTT
    se7en sighs

banlist
    Fraet leaves games on a frequent basis because "he has to go"

The final say is on the HOST, if he wishes to allow a player in TG can not override his rule.

INSTALL

The banlist can be downloaded from
    http://www.wc3banlist.de

Download the attached file and extract it, use the following guide to add the extracted files to your list.

http://www.trinigamers.com/banlistconfig.swf

Use the green light to refresh the lists in the events of updates.

further more -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. archvile

archvile Active Member

oh my gosh...finally

could it be? salvation? that which brings balance to the force?

3. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

populated the list with extra information based on some games last night.
    40 safelisted players
    4 banlisted. (3 of which can make it to the safelist with more practice)

Users that are not hosting can run the application during a game to get information on the players entering.

4. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

i'm not on the safelist lawd? we need to get the other admins/power users who are more regular in games to edit the safelist asap k

5. seven

seven New Member

what does that mean?

6. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

I will be creating web forms for certain people to enter/modify data on the lists.

phoenix you have been added, under "http://www.trinigamers.com/forums/member.php?u=964"]TriniGamers - View Profile: phoenix31tt@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: phoenix31tt</title>@@AMEPARAM@@phoenix31tt

7. mojo

mojo New Member

hmmm. maybe i a bit confused here. Is it one global list? Or are we using a normal banlist where each host maintains his own list?

8. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

2 global lists,

A list named the safelist (with players that dont drop/leave) and information on their level of play. Its by no means a gosu list.

Another list with ppl that can ruin a game by excessive selling, dropping, leaving.

9. sloth-noob

sloth-noob New Member

power user

sloth-noob--->power user--->nice ring to it :D

10. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

uhh i see i am on the safelist... but i dont play on evdo... nor do i sell :S
    ... rofl

11. seven

seven New Member

i dont sigh...sighs

12. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

seven you sigh. remember last night?

phoenix you are reading the wrong info (maybe mrmodem)

13. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

or ok cool mrmodem is actually a player lawd... lol...
    arbiter Does not drop, now learning the game phoenix31tt --> means arbiter does not drop and i am now learning? jus makin sure i readin right... or is dere no desc for me

14. seven

seven New Member

lol at remember last night...yea that was a beat out...but it was expected

15. MG

MG New Member

se7en u had that one in the bag man...i feel u have a block against winning now :p

and sloth need to learn that when u gank..u will be ganked lol
    man was the focus of attention like whoa...reminds me of how fault plays in java...then complains about getting ganked...lol

16. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

are you arbiter phoenix?

How it was expected seven? btw resistence was soldier ent?

17. seven

seven New Member

it was expected the minute sloth say "we have this one in the bag"

me and ater was like we jus holding on rel good but when they push together with all them area effects we ded...adn we have no strengths...we jus delayed the inevitable...but the stupid thing is...we coulda win rel early

sigh at sloth and he goat mouth

P.S. our team had no ear effects...ater refused to disable mg with he ulti and i could not reach the intel to guinsoo him

area effects = treant ulti, shadow fiend , obsidian (one intel we had so ulti rel hurt), sladar come in with stomp

nice lil mortred who we cah see..jus raping men

18. MG

MG New Member

well our heroes were definitely more late game (slardar, pa)

but my team was doing too much crap in the earlies...refusing to focus the right hero. i think when they realise the lossing battles during mid game they understood why we were focusing who. never the less...they managed to get some items for their heroes and once we won a single battle that was enough to know we were able to push....

thank goodness chinee was usefull in the end..cuz he really handicapped the team in the early and was not puyin attention to battles...he did buy as he was advised so it worked out well never the less...was still tuggin stones a lil though lol

19. seven

seven New Member

yea but alyuh pull through in the end rel good...it rel hurt to see 3 heros die so fas from a single combo and men eh get chance to move or attack

20. Deathknight

Deathknight New Member

Socket error

Para Im gettin a socket error every time i load up the safelist and ban list...:( i did everythin the site said and still no luck

Help me out here :confused: