So who does watch Crime Watch ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geese, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

Saw on the express site that Ian Alleyne got "fired" from WINTV. Can't say I'm surprised.

This was posted on his fan page

I loled at the politically motivated part.

2. Larutus

Larutus New Member

Cried? hmm, my company did work with Ian and WinTv for a while and i have to say i saw him 'cry' at least once.. yeah he fakes it, poorly i might add. It should be noted that many of the people working within WinTv never liked Ian because none of them were convinced that he was genuinely concerned about those he would help, i actually heard senior people there say that he doing it for 'fame'.

I never liked the fact that he would show up at funerals with a camera crew, i find that quite disrespectful, and i spoke to people whose relatives funeral he would attend, and they did not appreciate it.

WRT to how he was fired.. same thing happened to many of WinTv's staff over the years, i have to say they do not have a very professional approach to dealing with staff, they also pay really small and have a tendency to say the most disgusting things about staff who have either quit of been released.

I am clearly not a big fan of Ian's, but i think he better off without them.

3. Geese

This is interesting.

I've watched his program a little regularly over the last few months and I've felt the same way. He tries to come across as "untouchable" and because of this inflated ego is regularly disrespectful towards members of his crew. While he does a great job I think this is unacceptable.

I would not be surprised if he got an offer from somewhere else and decided to touch de road.

@Larry
    some members of his family share (or once shared) the same sentiments wrt "fame"

4. scaR

scaR New Member

So much misdirection will make it difficult to know the truth. In these cases it's always best to look at the bottom line. If WIN TV is serious about Crime Watch, they will find a new host and resurrect the show. Alleyne is not a requirement for continuity.

5. Geese

Actually Crime Watch is an org headed by Alleyne.

6. scaR

scaR New Member

>.<

Change name ftw.

7. Larutus

Larutus New Member

it started as Chagunas Crime watch.. then it evolved, lol

8. Larutus

Larutus New Member

funny thing is that Ian spent years bashing PNM and only a few months on PP, I am fairly certain that the politicians then were dissatisfied with his comments, the Tv station however, clearly was not.. also we consider that the owner of WivTv is currently sitting on a state appointed board.

9. Geese

By now I'm sure you guys have heard about the "video" that he showed recently involving the rape of a 13 year old.

Seems TV6 has been warned.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,149833.html

10. *_Q_*

*_Q_* Member

Wait, wait, WAIT...

Even if the action taken by Ian Alleyne is deemed irresponsible, such irresponsibility lead to the actual arrest of the perpetrator. How many times have we seen irresponsibilty lead to the detriment of this country and it's ppl and NOTHING was done but they want to go behind CRIME WATCH?

I haven't seen the video and I'm not saying the end justifies the means but in a time when we have an inert, Brazillian-ex-con CoP, we're under a BULLSH!T SoE with such little credibility that being in your own F.N. yard was thought to be a legal infraction, incumbent officials with DOCTORED resumes instead of Doctorates (complete with cover-ups and government-sanctioned consequences for blowing such cover-ups) and an expensive-ass Hyatt Cookie Monster, the first stand you take with respect to "public irresponsibility" is a possible lapse in judgement with a video that actually LEAD to an arrest?

FFS, man!!!

11. scaR

scaR New Member

After reading that Newsday article, it's clear how serious this is. Ian Alleyne, provided he assumes all responsibility once charges are laid, is very likely looking at some serious jail time. TV6 could face heavy fines as well.

Crime Watch does a lot of good. Alleyne's ego on the other hand is his own worst enemy. If he does go down I hope the show and organisation continues with a less flamboyant host.

12. doomtack

doomtack New Member

i'll be honest though... i think it's his ego that makes him tick. Makes him be as effective as he is.

With the kinda crap being done on the streets, shown on TV and even the smutty rubbish on the radios, i doh think this should have been that much of an issue (i haven't seen the video though, so i can't say).

I honestly have to agree with Q

13. Larutus

Larutus New Member

i'm gonna be blunt and i apologize if anyone is offended.

If your mentally ill daughter was raped and the action was recorded by the perpetrators would you or your daughter want such an action broadcast to a national audience? Do any of you even realize how many women have contemplated suicide after a people find out they were raped?

Q, how would you feel if that same girl in the video (which i saw and was immediately questioning the purpose of a special legal adviser when i saw it) ends up committing suicide later on as a result of this? did she really deserve to be traumatized further so at one point a trini could watch her years from now and say "aye, you is the girl who did get rape on ian alleyne show?"

Now irregardless of all that, we have laws which govern how such material should be shared, if Ian genuinely wanted to help he would have first taken the footage to the courts which is the ONLY place he can get permission to air such material... and the cocky fool go have the audacity to come with his "i run this town" nonsense after that?

i honestly pity his fans

14. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

I see both sides of the issue, but as far as I'm concerned, Ian slipped up and now the people who want him to fall have their ammunition. Regardless of the charges he does bring up a point. All his haters aren't doing a damn thing about the situation in the country. Many of these haters in racket themselves and jumping at the chance to get rid of Ian.

A while ago I remember a man calling his show and telling Ian to keep doing what he is doing and do not break the law while doing so (he violated some traffic law I think). Ian dismissed this fellow of course but it seems that was the best advice when looking back at it.

15. *_Q_*

*_Q_* Member

No offense taken, Larry but don't misunderstand me. I said two very important things: 1. I didn't see the video and, more importantly, 2. Although an arrest resulted, the end didn't justify the means. Of course I took all that into consideration. I know many ppl who have been raped at the hands of strangers and family so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with the potential psychological ramifications.

What I am saying is that with everything else going on and with what I highlighted not even being the chilly breeze at the tip of the iceberg in this country, THIS is where you, Mr. and Mrs. government official/senator/minister decide to jump on a high horse and say "Dis sh!t muss stop"... Really, hoss?

Come on Larry, yuh hadda admit... Even as wrong as Ian may have been, everybody in positions of power who tryin to ride dis wave now on RELL sh!t.

16. Larutus

Larutus New Member

well Ian said it himself today, it's about ratings.. so i guess we know where he stands. man is douche, would love to use more colourful language.

You guys never noticed who does be running ads on crime watch? R MAYE hardware, who always in money laundering, Sherons Auto who always have police investigating their vehicles, resulting in a few arrests.

17. bill

bill New Member

I agree with every single thing larry is saying.

He fights crime, while being funded by known criminals, he associates himself with known crook police officers who are known to kill and be in higher end rackets.

i doubt blurring the face of the girl would be that hard, he is a pig, regardless of what he has done...."when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing" , TV6 and Mr asshole deserves very severe punishment.

i'm sure those police officers that deal in crime do alot of "good" but you would not want them to carry on doing their "job", same applys to Ian.

18. Geese

19. scaR

scaR New Member

Well there goes TV6. I wonder if any other TV stations are willing to juggle this hot potato? That is if he by some miracle avoids jail time.

20. Gravedamn

Gravedamn New Member

"http://trinigamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=126886#post126886"]PresWatch - TriniGamers