PSN woes

Discussion in 'Console Couch' started by Raging Cascadoo, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Raging Cascadoo

Raging Cascadoo New Member

After a year and a half of owning a PS3 I decided to finally try out play station plus. I purchased a 3 month code and a $20 in points for purchases. After redeeming those codes I can't download jack S!!!. Anytime I add something to cart it crashes reporting "An error has occurred". No explanation or error code given just a vague error message. So i thought to myself this might be the equivalent of the region blocking error found on the xbox but I can't even download regular demos which I have done before without issues.

You know I hardly use the thing, anytime I turn it on to run a game it almost always have an update to download and it sometimes the downloads huge and now this happening. This real discouraging. Sigh......

Anybody have any advice on said error or is it an error going around like the flu right now. I hoping is something simple.

2. Raging Cascadoo

For anyone affected with this it seems to be a recent issue:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/Can-t-access-shoppingcart-at-PS-store/m-p/17529826#M8693

Deleting the playstation store and reinstalling worked for me.

3. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

Thanks for the info, never happened to me before but always good to have in case.

4. scaR

scaR New Member

[​IMG]

Thanks for posting a solution :)

5. Raging Cascadoo

Well I was successful in resolving the weird cart errors but then ran into a next problem.....just great. The download comes up and appears to be working but then it remains at 0% and eventually crashes with the same error. This happens with the demos and full games, nothing downloads at all.

I got it to work after forwarding all ports for the PS3. Strange as I have never had a problem downloading demos before and haven't changed a setting on the router in months. Well anyway it's working now, here 's the ports I used:

TCP - 5223
    UDP - 5223,3478,3479,3658

My advice to anyone with issues on PSN or Xbox live.....just enable everything on your router :lol: . but seriously, configure port fowarding, DMZ, uPnp and Qos on your router (if they are available) for your xbox or PS3. I have been able to run torrents while playing on xbox live with almost no lag (so far) after configuring Qos. Check it out and see if it works for you.