Mobile Internet usage

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by ecktt, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ecktt

ecktt New Member

I took a 5 MB package Monday (activated 7:30pm) and used up 1/2 the data transfer already! Seeing as i only logged in to a few IMs (google, msn, BBM) and sent 3-4 messages at most, I don't see how this is possible. I'm already pissed at Digicel for their craptastic support service. I want to know if this is normal or am I get boned by digicel yet again?

2. mojo

mojo New Member

Digicel GPRS/Edge Normal Data packages are ridiculous (for T&T market)

They have an unlimited BB Data package for $100/month which is only beneficial to BB users.

3. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

do urself a favour, get bmobile blackberry package, change ur APN in your non-blackberry to "internet" and you would be good to go

4. Larutus

Larutus New Member

did you have to DL those apps to the phone before using them?

5. ecktt

ecktt New Member

I updated the firmware and apps long before I activated the service.

6. soldier

soldier New Member

That does not seem right at all.

I know people who use 5MB comfortably for an entire month..

Data over a BlackBerry is compressed as it hits RIM servers and comes back down.

I would get that checked out

7. Larutus

Larutus New Member

I using 5MB data from bmobile a year now and have yet to go over the limit. Definitely get it checked out with the provider.

8. Ragdac

Ragdac New Member

ditto.

9. ecktt

ecktt New Member

so i called and complained.
    Their explanation is : RIM servers periodically interact with my phone but just came sort of saying all of the data was consumed by RIM and that a 5MB plan was not suitable for me and should upgrade to unlimited. Oh and I can't terminate my contract without penalties.So I asked them what is the point of a 5MB plan. They claimed people with the package have no complaints.

So less than 15 messages = 1 week + less than 30 messages....

Some one tell me when TSTT having a BB sale plz.

Digicell is a rip off.

10. soldier

soldier New Member

Have a bmobile sim card?

Check me for an unlock on dat phone dey. And u in d game :D

11. gambitt

gambitt New Member

If could get them to send you that in an e-mail/writing you could bounce it to RIM (ccd to digicell) with a complaint asking RIM to explain to digi why THEIR service was consuming so much of your service plan.

Want to bet the whole story changes really fast at that point?

Even if you can't get it in writing from digi, a detailed well written complaint email could still light a fire under their collective asses.