Major Bug in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Software' started by gambitt, Oct 12, 2009.

1. gambitt

gambitt New Member

Yeah so I saw this article and figured I'd throw a link onto the forums just in case anyone is using Snow Leopard on any of their machines or knows someone who does.

Click to read the article on neowin.net.
    Here's a link to a similar one on techtree.com.

Seems that the bug has something to do with guest accounts. When you log into a guest account it wipes all data from your regular home directory. The data is unrecoverable, unless you have a backup elsewhere. Only current work around is not logging into guest at all.

2. Pacmania

Pacmania New Member

i thought apple and all their products (and users) are perfect?! :confused:
    lies and slander, this post does not exist!!!! :eek:
    ________
    LANDLORDS INSURANCE ADVICE

3. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

thats apple being smart enough to make sure you dont put windows on the drive

cue gay music( and the guy who is in everything but noone knows his name) telling us why mac is better.....and us believing him

4. ck

ck New Member

Kinda glad I haven't upgraded to snow leopard yet. Figured something like this was bound to happen, it always does with new software.

FYI osx does have its problems like any other os, it just has alot less than others. Only times I managed to crash/freeze osx was with bad app or me not know what the hell I was doing when I got it. But for the most part its alot more stable and responsive imo.