Hunt for a keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wildchild, Jun 4, 2011.

1. wildchild

wildchild Member

As the title says I'm looking for a keyboard. A specific type as follows:

-A basic/standard keyboard. No need for excessive buttons or functions, and not those curvy boomerangs either. Just straight and plain. It can have some extra buttons but don't go crazy.

-Keys are illuminated. So when in use at night I can work/play without the lights on and can view the keys easily.

-Is not attracted to fingerprints. Example, I type for 5 minutes and Ethan Hunt and obtain my prints with just some clear tape.

-No spaces below keys.
    What i mean is a standard keyboard all the keys are slight pushed up and there is a small space below each key where dust and other particles get trapped. And overtime when you remove all your keys you see the filth that has accumulated beneath it. But have you ever seen a MAC keyboard? Where there are no such spaces? That's what I'm looking for, if it exists.
    [​IMG]
    [align=center][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/align]

Any suggestions as always are appreciated.

2. scaR

scaR New Member

Soooo kriminal used your keyboard huh?

>_>

There's the Tron keyboard which is chiclet keyed, illuminated and straight but has glossy keys.

[​IMG]

Then there's a lot of random chiclet keyboards that are not illuminated, the pinnacle of which is the Apple keyboard you mentioned.

[​IMG]

3. kriminal

kriminal New Member

-.- @ scar

by the way i don't think you would like gaming on a chic-let styled keyboard it gets pretty uncomfortable after a while, but then again your experience might be different..

4. wildchild

wildchild Member

Thanks again Scar this is exactly what i was looking for. Had no idea they are called chiclet keyboards. Kudos man!

5. kriminal

kriminal New Member

6. scaR

scaR New Member

7. wildchild

wildchild Member

That Star Wars keyboard looking bad....but...no numkey pad? For 200US?

Also again that Tron keyboard is hot but it get some awful reviews :(

I did find this http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/d77d/

But haven't located a decent chiclet. Cuz then i'd just buy those stickers and voila! ILLUMINATION !!

8. kriminal

kriminal New Member

why dont you try out the apple aluminum keyboard?
    its cheap enough to try and comes in aluminum, and you could stick those glow stuff on it