How do I connect to and use Garena?

Discussion in 'Garena Help' started by Malice, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Malice

Malice Member

Getting Garena

1. First, register an account to Garena
    Register your Garena account

2. Download the Garena client
    Garena Client

1. Click on the link to start downloading.
    2. Click "Run" to open the file "Garena_setup.EXE".
    3. Choose the directory where Garena will be installed.
    4. Press "Finish" to end the InstallShield wizard.
    5. Double-click on the Garena icon on the desktop to start the program.
    6. Enter the username and password you registered with to log on to the Garena.
    Using Garena

On your far left pane, you will see a list of games, click on the game you wish to play and you will see a list of zones to the pane on the right. Select the zone you wish to play in and a list of rooms (some will be named like a subregion) will appear to the pane on the right. Double click on the room you wish to access and you will see a messaging window, with a list of players to the far right.

To start playing a game on Garena, you can either create(host) a game of your own or join somebody else's. On the bottom right of the messaging window you will see "start game". Click it and your game will then open. Once in your game, select Local Area Network and enter, there you should be able to see games that have been hosted by other members or you can proceed to make your own game.

Problems with starting a game?

Sometimes Garena will ask you to configure the executable path for the game. This is simply directing your Garena client to the targeted game executable so that Garena can open it via its client. If the message pops up to configure the games executable path, click yes then a new window will pop up. You will see in red "Game Path" and under it you will see "Executable Settings". Click browse and go to where the .exe file for your specified game is. This is usually in C:\Program Files. To change this option at anytime just click on "settings" on the top right of your Garena client.

*It's important to note that to be able to play games on Garena, you will need the latest versions or patches of the games, so be sure to update your games.
    ________
    Chrysler BR platform

2. Coke

Coke Member

can u play in garena with v1.07?? hmmmmm

3. scaR

scaR New Member

Which game? Garena uses the latest version of all games unless otherwise specified.

4. mojo

mojo New Member

hey i have problems seeing games on garena.

I have tried all suggestions from guys in the room like tunneling and using the same server as the host etc, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me?

I connect through a wireless NIC to a wireless Access Point which is on the same network as tstt's dsl router. This is the only instance of me unable to connect to online games in the history of using this setup.

I can get into the room, but i can never see the games in the game list, and I cannot see the game when i click on LAN game in warcraft either.

5. slickdre

slickdre Member

Mojo I think you need to take down a firewall and set up a IP and DNS address some where.

I had a problem also seeing game I called up Green Dot and asked them to take down there firewall they have up on there end, they gave me and IP and DNS address. I am able to see and play games now.

I dont know if my situation is anywhere close to yours, but what I think its a firewall or the setup if IP and DNS address that is need some where.

6. mojo

mojo New Member

Allowing Internet Explorer tthrough my firewall fixed my problem, a very weird fix, but it worked. :(

7. slickdre

slickdre Member

Ok VERY weird, hey once it fix what can I say......