GUIDE: Purchase Games From Asian PSN Store

Discussion in 'News' started by Geese, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

If you're anything like me, every so often there will come a time where a game you want isn't available in the North American market but is available on the Japanese or Hong Kong PSN Store. This mainly applies to fighting games in my case but can also apply to anime based games as well, so lets get started.

[​IMG]

STEP 1 - Create a new email address.

I would advise you create a new email address for your Asian account. Outlook.com has a fairly easy and straightforward process so you can use that if you prefer.

STEP 2 - Create a new PSN account.

To create a new account, click the link HERE. Choose Hong Kong as the Country/Region

I recommend creating a Hong Kong account as the Playstation store will be in english and is generally cheaper than the Japanese store.

In the next section you may enter any address you wish when requested once the Country and City are listed as Hong Kong. Alternatively you can use google to get a legitimate address.

Do NOT enter billing information as you will be required to enter details for a Hong Kong based credit card. 

You should now have a new Hong Kong PSN account.

STEP 3 - Select the game you wish to purchase.

Find the game you wish to purchase on the Hong Kong store and note their prices.

Here are some games example games

Under-Night In Birth 

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

Guilty Gear Xrd

STEP 4 - Buy Hong Kong PSN Cards

Next we need to get Hong Kong PSN Cards, by far the easiest place to get these are Play-Asia. I've added links to cards at the various price points

80HK PSN Card

200HK PSN Card

300HK PSN Card

500HK PSN Card

These are delivered digitally and are usually available instantly on your Play-Asia account.

STEP 5 - Add Funds to your PSN Account

After getting the codes, login to the Hong Kong Store website and add the codes to your account. Add the game you wish to purchase to your cart and checkout.

STEP 6 - Download the Game

From your dashboard on your PS3 or PS4 console, create a new user. This is required in order to login to your new Hong Kong account. Once you've done this you can login to the PSN store via the Dashboard and proceed to download your game!
    Read full article...