Gamers Lounge - Event Report & Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Event Reports' started by Geese, Aug 16, 2008.

1. KRy5

KRy5 New Member

m#@%&*@so and so,whyyyy :`(

somebody shudda tell me sunday wuz d day to come, atleast for tekken. d laggin ting wuz too reminiscent of arena. i heard eeeverybody wuz dey on sunday... :/

glad tis wuz ah success-- props to TG

when mite b d next one :)

--G@77 who...

2. Ninja644

Ninja644 New Member

Well, i understand what hero kinda saying with the young children 'spoiling' the sweat, but at the end of the day this particular event was geared at the youth, whether noob or pro, for them to have fun. So, while we didn't get the hardcore sweatage we wanted, you get what hero experienced, sweat on the wii mote:p ha ha joking, you get the youngsters coming out and have fun. Now, tell me i lying, but if you was 7 or 8 and you see free game going on in the mall, wouldn't you like to play and have fun? And not worry about some big man cuttin yuh tail and laughing at you and making you feel insignificant? It was all about fun, BEFORE the tournament. When is tourney time, hard luck for the youths yuh know.... back seat!

But, another good thing i have to applaud TG for was letting ANYONE enter the tourneys and i think some parents noted that too. I mean letting the small men play in the tourneys.. wow. But, i mean everyone is gamers right :)?

3. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

sorry guys, i mean i was trying to get everything running on the hdmi, but we had limited cables, and also a couple tvs werent working with hdmi since we were running on low/fluctuating voltage.

4. Dn2

Dn2 New Member

where's the post with the event's winners?

5. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Trying to put it up with pictures.

6. KRy5

KRy5 New Member

yea i kno wuh u mean xecutiona,shit happens
    simple iz better grasshopper ;D

suggestions:

-more proms :ads etc, i want ah TG jersey :D
    -schedule listings of events :when tourneys startin o casual play time fer da kiddies
    -i kno last yr for evo it had :bring ur own console day -mite need a bigga venue tho..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 big tingz ah missout on tis wk

-sbo live stream
    -gamers lounge

7. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

doh worry sbo stream didnt show anything noteworthy...mainly last years stuff all of which i already have on dvd :)

8. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

i know and i wish we could have done all of those things!

we were contracted to handle the gaming aspect, and that alone...not all the other organising around it with promotion etc...remember this was the ministry of sport in collaboration with us, not the other way around, if you know what i mean.

in the future, when we have fully private functions, we would have alot more resources and leeway to do it how we want. This event has created many beneficial and functional business relationships with other good companies, relationships which we shall be letting flourish with the announcement of events in the not-too-distant future

9. Hidden

Hidden New Member

Yup, the advertising was horrible! People only knew about it if they saw it going on...

10. bill

bill New Member

wait in line...........

11. soldier

soldier New Member

My jersey too big... i wa a smaller one >_<

12. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

gasp... but still... :|

13. unforgiven

unforgiven New Member

nooooooooo dammit i forgot it was this weekend gone i was thinkin it woulda be this weekend commin! shuxx i miss out big time. ........ sooooo whens the other one? :D

14. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Thats what everyone is asking us.

15. the_steph

the_steph New Member

:confused: How did u think it was this weekend... U miss out big time they dred

16. redman

redman New Member

yeh when is the next one?..i wanna get some revenge :)

17. Dn2

Dn2 New Member

...revenge...

18. scaR

scaR New Member

Ent @ the_steph

Only when I got back to the site I realised who it was.

19. richjob

richjob Member

Ahm, yeah. I recognized that there was voltage problems from early. I was surprised that they were not worse, actually. I was the guy with the bags, if people don't know me. I was around when the incidents were going around. For you guys, living well and being successful IS the best "revenge" though how you guys have developed and will continue to develop TG. Study yourselves. What is to be for you will be. I ended up by the second Wii because I wasn't going to take a turn in the Tekken or SSB (which isn't the greatest game for a tourney unless you remove all the CPU players) and them remotes is $500 TT. Much sourness if they went walking. Little kids sweating become future gamers. Nothing wrong in letting them take a turn on the Wii that was not being used for the SSB, and I'm sorry if people were getting horrors about me letting them sweat. Sorry.

20. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

I'm confused...