F4F Old thread

Discussion in 'Past Tournaments' started by cold, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cold

cold New Member

[​IMG]

OK HERE IS THE INFO YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING ON.
    JAVA GAMING LTD.
    Present
    FARM 4 FAME
    DOTA TOURNAMENT

DATE IS THE 26TH JULY 2009
    START TIME IS 10:00 AM
    ENTRY FEE IS $100 PER TEAM.
    MAX OF 8 PLAYERS PER TEAM.SUB CAN BE USED DURING THE ROUND CHANGES.
    PRIZE TO BE WON IS
    $3000
    6.59D CM MODE

NORMAL TOURNAMENT RULES APPLY WITH A LITTLE TWIST THROWN IN.

AUTOMATIC ban heroes :
    UNDYING
    STORM SPIRIT
    DEATH PROPHET
    NECROLYTE

LIMITED ITEMS :
    ONE (1) GUINSOO PER TEAM
    ONE (1) MECHANSM PER TEAM
    TWO (2) EUL'S SCEPTER PER TEAM.

MAX GAME LENGTH: 90 MINS. If the game reaches the 90 min mark and is not over. We will be using the points system to decide the winner.

TEAM SHARE IS ALLOWED EXCEPT FOR TEAM MATES BRING YOU ITEMS.

On the day of the tourney there will be a wild card draw where team captains have a chance to win a free hero " GET OUT OF JAIL CARD". Which they can use to unlock a banned hero and use it to there advantage.

ALL TEAMS THAT ARE INTERESTED PLZ POST THERE INFO HERE IN THIS FORMAT.
    EXAMPLE.
    TEAM NAME
    TEAM CAPTAIN
    TEAM MEMBERS.

SO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE THE NEW DOTA CHAMPIONS OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. COME ON DOWN AND PROVE IT.

TEAMS CAN PAY ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
    FOR MORE ADDITIONAL INFO CONTACT:
    COLD :750-8877
    TRIGS:726-1098

2. jimmy

jimmy New Member

Entry

North meets South - Nms

SKipper Captain Kyat

- Kyat, PyrO, m_illusionist, Shenlong,Janus , NWAPS, JImmy

(will submit entrance fee on the day)

OFF the field manager- JUSTIN WONG!

3. huey0000

huey0000 New Member

is it possible to bring ure own machine???
    and play on it?

cus it was stated that u not allowed to install any more programz on the machine...
    the mouse which i use will need to me to install logitech...
    wat then?
    no customs keys and no mouse?
    :confused:

4. jimmy

jimmy New Member

logitech lols

huey i believe most logitech products are plug n play u wont need any software . dont be scared jus be nervous.

5. huey0000

huey0000 New Member

alrity then
    maybe when u win u cud buy urelsef one n check pro....
    my mouse has 6 extra buttons...other than the original 3...
    so wats gonna set those...the plug and play pro??

6. Hero

Hero New Member

Umm , mek rule makes no sense , it never did.

The bans are a noobed down version of how dota should be played , especially the storm spirit ban. Dp necro and undyin are ok auto bans but 59d. is a balanced map version. It is accepted by the entire dota community. Banning em for the players who havent learned how to counter em is fine. Those 3 heroes are normally removed from the pool first in cm mode so its gonna be interesting to ban other heroes instead, With that being said I must commend the idea lol.

I hope to god this is my last lan lol. Hope to bring home to prize with my team mates too! :))

7. DaemonX

DaemonX New Member

Entry

TN: We Has Cookies

Captain- DaemonX !

Team-um...Me, Rad, X_doggy, Sin, Hero

(so what about manta and necro book limiting?)

8. Hero

Hero New Member

Oh yeah , No custom keys ??? REally???

I petitioning that rule to be changed. As long as you have a safe program that is approved by the dota community then there is NO reason for that rule.

I suggest Autowarkeys. Can we get a proper explanation to why that rule is?

9. huey0000

huey0000 New Member

custom keys

SUPPORT!!!!!....
    some heros are damn near impossible to play properly without custom keys...

chen ...
    tinker...
    meepos..
    enchant..

10. boxy

boxy New Member

wow a tournament where teams that sign up actually looking good...where this was back in the days when dota tg was handing up big money...good luck to all that enter!
    *like i haddda go and get mg n hawk oui*

11. jimmy

jimmy New Member

lol

huey i was jus sayin if u need 6 button to play no wonder they say u r the worse out of the UTT bunch gl to u son. trust me
    men gonna laugh at u south boy

12. huey0000

huey0000 New Member

papii..
    .i never said i was good...
    i dont really care if im shit either...its a game pops...so get over ureself...
    and i not even trini btw....wahahha

13. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Doh forget cold and hero :)

14. Doobs

Doobs New Member

HoN ftw! I stop playin dota.

15. scaR

scaR New Member

I'm told there is a seeded players rule. If a team is too imba, it's broken up otherwise many teams would not participate.

16. soldier

soldier New Member

hmmmm. Interesting..

17. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

just goes to show how trini people operate.

18. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

That doesn't sound like seeding nuh it sound like handicaping.

19. Larutus

Larutus New Member

bear in mind this event is not being organized by TG, this is a Java Gaming event, so if you have queries regarding rules then posting about it here will not guarantee a resolution. I suggest that anyone with queries use one of the contact numbers in the first thread.

This is post is not for Hero alone btw, but all members interested in the event.

20. huey0000

huey0000 New Member

UTT's response to the rules.

as said by sue on the UttA page on facebook.....

the item limitations is a great concern to us. usually it is standard to allow teams:
    2 ginsoos (they think this is imba so they limited it to 1) i.e. intelligence heroes will suffer after late-mid-game
    2 necromoniums (there is no limitation here for some reason)
    1 arcane (no limitation for some reason)
    2 shivas guard (no limit for some reason)
    no mekansm limitations (mekansms dont stack.....wtf are they thinking?)

believe you me that having 5 necrobooks and 5 shivas guard is more imba than just 2 ginsoos....see my point?

that "get out of jail card" is what i would term utter rubbish. there is no other way to describe that. that is all about luck. ..no skill there.

it seems third party applications like autohotkeys will not be allowed on the day. this is of great concern to us since it does not promote the game being played to the highest possible competitive level.

i know a lot of you may be thinking that "well i usually use the dafault keys and i dont see why everyone shouldn't use them."

here's my input on it. suppose you play a heavy micro type hero or maybe a hero that has a high inventory usage....that's where it becomes a problem. a good example would be tinker. tinker has to continally rearm and use the following items: BKB, BoT, Bottle, Manta Style, Shivas Guard, Ginsoo etc. oh and btw he has no more than 4 seconds to repeat the process. it's not impossible but massively highly improbably that anyone is capable of doing all that clicking manually. i.e. 6 inventory items as well as 4 spells...hence 10 spells to use in 4 seconds...see my point.

another notable mention is that modifier applications were allowed at the last tournament even though only a handful of players took advantage of this option. why are we taking a step backward for what seems to be a bigger event?

i am pleading with the organizers to waiver this rule or at least give the option (if the concern is that they dont want any unwanted software ont he cafe's machines) for teams to bring their own machines. i highly doubt a lot of people will do that but at least find some middle ground.

another option would be for them to install safe software like warkeys on their own and remove it after the tournament. it not that big an application.

in closing i'd like to say i do applause the efforts of the organizers for organising such an event but i would also like to note that over the next week there are many issues that they need to address publicly with full explaination including the ones listed above.

-sue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.