Diablo III : The heavens shall tremble

Discussion in 'Battle.NET 2.0' started by discipuli, Jun 28, 2008.

1. scaR

scaR New Member

2. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

D2 ladder also reset.

3. kriminal

kriminal New Member

hmm thinking about finally snagging an original copy of d2

4. scaR

scaR New Member

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNP8QiNbFmU"]YouTube- Diablo 3 Artisan Reveal Video (Gamescom 2010) ​

[ source : http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/...-jay-wilson-on-crafting-artisans/?tag=gs_news ]

5. scaR

scaR New Member

There's a new three page Diablo III interview over at eurogamer.

Eurogamer: The action RPG is a genre that frankly hasn't changed a lot since Diablo II. There have been good games, Torchlight is a recent example, but it doesn't seem to have advanced much over the intervening years. Do you think you can do much with this game to change that?

Jay Wilson: Yeah, I think we look at a couple of things as not good enough. Whenever we decide to make a game, especially if it's a sequel, it's always because we look at a game that we've made or a genre that we like that we see flaws and problems in. And we go, "We want to fix that. We love it, but it would be even better if it was like this."

So when we looked at Diablo II, the main things that we really focused on were: the combat model doesn't have as much depth as we'd like; it can be a very simple, one-button game, and that can be good, but we'd kind of rather it be a mostly one-button game and occasionally a three- or four-button game. That's got more depth, it's more interesting, it's got more mechanics to it.
    And that funnels down into class design and monster design; when you've got more mechanics to play with, they can be deeper as well. That's why we changed the health system, that's why we created the skill hotbar, that motivates a lot of the changes we've made, right down to the resource mechanics also.

The other side is story. This genre, even though half of its blood is RPG which is a story genre, most of these games are not very story-intensive or don't tell great stories. So that's something we really wanted to focus on: creating a world where story is pervasive, that felt like as you moved through it, even though it's randomised, there are events occurring that tell you what's happening in the game world.

Eurogamer: Are you going to have new stuff to show us at BlizzCon?

Jay Wilson: Yes. I'm not going to say what any of that is... But I will say, in terms of the amount of things that we're showing, this is our biggest BlizzCon to date. We've got a lot of stuff now. We're cooking a game now.

[ source : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-07-designing-diablo-iii-interview ]

6. scaR

scaR New Member

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwrfKzMN-hY"]YouTube - Diablo 3 PvP Gameplay

7. Hero

Hero New Member

look just a little epic :p , i want to lick it

8. groff[MFK]©

groff[MFK]© Active Member

i am getting this for sure ... :D

9. Larutus

Larutus New Member

Still looking fwd to playing as witch Dr the most

is good you could use different genders for each class, not having that feature would have been a step backward

10. scaR

scaR New Member

11. Larutus

Larutus New Member

WOW, this is interesting :eek:

12. scaR

scaR New Member

13. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

Nice! I'm going with barbarian first as I tend to play brute force characters in RPG.

14. scaR

scaR New Member

[ source : http://www.1up.com/news/diablo-iii-in-home-stretch ]

15. scaR

scaR New Member

According to a recent conference call, Diablo III is set for a Q3 beta test and a hopeful Q4 release! I can't wait!

16. groff[MFK]©

groff[MFK]© Active Member

yes that is what we talking about ... i would want to get my hands on this one for sure ...
    :D

17. ck

ck New Member

18. scaR

scaR New Member

Having played the beta, the game is good despite being a little cheesy here and there. Hopefully this is not the case for major bosses in the game. I've been wanting to go at Azmodan, Lord of Sins and Belial, Lord of Lies since the first Diablo.

The skill system is very open and does not lend much to grinding out levels. Damage is all based on your weapon DPS and +attack. Once you have the skill, gear is what drives your character. I have seen desperate spell casters holding axes and maces instead of wands and daggers just to increase their DPS.

Artisans like the Blacksmith have made the game much easier. Nothing a NPC vendor has will ever compare to what you can make at the smith. Not by a long shot. I expect this will be put to the test in Nightmare and Hell difficulties.

The real addiction is the auction house. For no other reason but the gear. This is what will drive the game. I expect small fortunes can be made from item farming in Diablo III. You can only wonder what will be the new $500 USD "Windforce" or "Grandfather" item.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anyone has specific questions about the game as far as the beta goes, let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

19. archvile

archvile Active Member

I wants :(

20. Larutus

Larutus New Member

XBOX release!!!!! whoop hoo