Competitive gaming or not?

Discussion in 'The Trinigamers Round Table' started by Paradoxxx, Jul 27, 2006.

?

Are you a competitive gamer or are you just here because you play games for fun?

1. I just here to meet ppl who play games too

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Xe i feel where you coming from and to be honest i did write a little essay on the topic and it got screwed in a time out.. I didn't bother to continue..

Some good ideas are coming out here but none leading towards the big goal of getting us Trini's some face in the world with respect to electronic sports.

Dota and Wow are 2 waste of time games and if you don't want to hear that because you 'gosu in dota/wow' get a clue buddy.

Xe there will always be 2 groups of gamers, the group that plays to win and the group that plays for fun. The group that plays 2 win will go st marteen and win a tourney and make the country proud, the group that plays for fun will waste ENDLESS hours playing .

Readers DONT be confused Normal FT isn't Dota, warcraft is a totally different game from dota.

ANY NOOB can play dota for 3-4hrs a day and become really good @ dota, hell some men even sweating dota 24/7 and will eventually get really good however The same can not be said for normal FT.

Just as with any other addiction the wow/dota men are in denial that they are addicted and its a waste of time. Its a long term waste of time, want to progress anywhere in gaming in TnT?? destroy wow/dota.

WoW baby?
    Dota baby?

Negro Please, play a real game.

2. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

well paradoxxx what other servers do we have up?
    if you ever need help with ut servers or games worth or skill cap im always ready for it .
    my quake 4 server wasnt much of a hit but 3 men from trini going quakecon just from being on that server sweating says alot i guess.
    DoTa is a fun game its noobish ? not really id say its a nice way to waste time man and i enjoy playing it of course games get a little heated cuss outs start the usual. You went men to start back playing frozen throne its impossible i would say beside the loyal normal men for example , rak , vlad , to name a few other than that the majority of the men on that server are dota guys you rarely hear men asking for normal and we had a span of what 5 men playing normal in the last 2 weeks that alone is a miracle to see.
    RTS is never my strong point in games but for the guys there that are passionate about it i dont know what to say, I mean everyone always has this mentality about normal being to hard to learn etc so its up to another wise cracking person to lvl out an idea for that.
    if you dont want men to play dota which is and addictive , repetitive , fun waste of time :) simply have them in a "dota channel" and have a "normal channel" or something so.
    this is like when sof2 was raining ranks of tnt.
    A personal strategy also for promoting gaming in trinidad hold tourneys but the problem with that is that you need sponsors cause honestly who can shell out 2000 bucks for prizes on there own? ive done it once or twice rofl was a disaster. Its a big political game that you have to play to get gaming going anywhere with advertising and even being called a "cyber sport" ive had my few tries at it and i still continue to get my goals to reach the deadline of 2007 but there is only so much that each org can do on there own and the last thing we should be sqaubling about is a bunch of men coming on a server to play some dota

3. ecktt

ecktt New Member

I hada be frank here;
    [font=&quot]Para, your opinion about games is just that, your opinion and nothing more. Everyone has there own view as to what constitutes a good game. Some men prefer DoTA to others. Personally I don’t real like any RTS style games but spending half the time waiting for a FPS to start at a sweat pushed me into giving the genre a try. Men could spend days arguing over which game is better (Quake vs CS or Sof vs SC or…….) and come to no conclusion. The mere fact that DoTA all stars has elevated in popularity and gain acceptance the WCG2006 Asian Championship circuit is proof of that it is a solid mod. Hell, DoTA even has a League mode. Isn’t that what "http://trinigamers.com/forums/member.php?u=7"]Xecutiona[/COLO"]TriniGamers - View Profile: Xecutiona@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Xecutiona</title>@@AMEPARAM@@Xecutiona or Trinigamers want.

[/font]
    [font=&quot]Sorry if I take what you all say out of context but daz my interpretation thus far.[/font]

4. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

well ecktt.... you are one that plays for fun, fitting into that bracket. dota really is not tournament worthy and you can read more on your wcg info...becuae that was a trial to use a team based rts...which DIDNT do too well. look at the official games and it has reverted to starcraft and Warcraft FT which are the solid, BETTER tournament games. also, read on the pro gamer's response to using a mod for a game in an international tournament.

kaizen we arent squabbling about people coming onto the server to play dota...if dota is what people want to play let them play it...but i think that the encouragement should be there to clan up and actually get their game up, while showing them the fundamentals of the original game: Warcraft FT.

within the next year Trinidad is going to be recieving alot of atention where gaming is concerned...and what im really concerned with is producing top class cyberathletes from this country...by upping the game.

from counterstrike to warcraft and need for speed we have alot to be working on...

orgainising high speed links with tstt to play our CAL or WCG league games online, international scrims preparing us for the ESWC prelims in martinique, all of these events which need to be addressed.

going to st. maarten really opened my eyes to the talent and potential that we have in our country when it comes to Gaming. we have the ability to reach to the top( a la Viper and TGS on the Warcraft ladder). in many of our gaming disciplines...its time for us to all shine and stop the bullshit mini politics and small time arguments...look at the bigger picture

as for the destroy wow/dota...
    send some men to join dotaholics anonymous lol...
    but you have a point...we did it to SOF...why not?

or how about just create a dota channel, a normal channel and the pro channel...where men twho want to go play normal play normal and dota play dota

5. archvile

archvile Active Member

ok thaz it...

i fine this bickering goin on to much, men trying to make points and their info kinda inaccurate....

The thread is about suggestions for growth, growth of the server and the gaming community right?

It's already known by nearlly all that the server supports warcraft, and now once again supports Starcraft and Diablo II Lord of Destruction, tested recently by scaR and myself, so there is a diversity of blizzard games playable.

The majority of games played on the server are dota games, like it or not; Dota somewhat 'reigns' in majority. Many may bash and many may swear to it, but dota is just a popular alternative to what we call 'normal'...which in fact IS what warcraft is, and how it was created to be played ( not dota as many may believe; trust me there are ppl who have BOUGHT wc to play dota...) Dota is rather enjoyable, if you have nice friendly ppl who realise this is a fun game and can teamwork, as it USED to be....but these days dota has evolved into somewhat o a warzone i guess. I hardly ever play dota anymore and lets just say, evn if i wanted to, there isnt much incentive to go back to that.

Contrary to what some men say, normal games have become plentiful lately on the server, something that I am delighted about, and with the ladder system back up and running, its all the more sweeter. The skills of some players show great improvement and promise...and with Vlad always lurkin around, heh im sure normal advice shouldnt be too hard to find.

The point is, we should NOT be judging and discriminating gamers by which type of games they play...eg one guy calls another a 'noob' cuz he plays only dota and refuses to play normal and vice versa...Those type of situations ae very petty and childish, as ppl come here to have some fun and maybe do some serious gaming/training. This unnecessary tagging and name calling and what not is just plain dotishness, it needs to stop. The fact is ppl have to realise that Dota has single-handedly brought a lot of new members to the server, be them noob or already pro. As i always say we were all noobs once, but with determination and practice we get better. by playing with persons you own level constantly and not trying to improve your game, you will do just that - not improve.

Very soon, possibly today the starcraft installer should be uploaded and if support for diablo is needed i can try and see what i can do to help. I would like to see more of these games played by members, to give them a better experience, as if you dont already realise, blizzard games have a lot in common with each other. If i remember correctly some starcaft and diablo sweats are gonna happen soon, so keep yourselves updated.

And to somewhat speak on the point ecktt was saying, if we dont come here to play with fun in mind, whats the sense. I could come here to train seriously yea, but have fun while doing it. For me personally, its a really great stress release to come here and play a few games with the fellaz, esp to hav a kicksy dota game all hours in the morn in times before...
    So what im tying to say is that too much segregation and policing just gonna take away the spirit of the place, and make it all...NON-trini....

Please people, admins and members, consider the actions on and off the server which in turn affect everyone...from the use of language inappropiately to th abuse of power...keep it WISE...

6. mojo

mojo New Member

So we seem to be talking a lot about competitive gaming now and i believe this is a good thing, but not for everyone. Each individual has his/her own reason for gaming and here is your place to voice it.

Are you a competitive gamer or are you just a gamer for fun?

7. seven

seven New Member

i think they both wolk hand in hand mojo....i personally play pc games for fun but if there is a time to get competitive like in dota..playing another clan then i will come forward

if i sound contradictory ammm....well....u can have fun and be good at the game at the same or be the "number one" so to speak

8. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

The fact that you play dota doesn't make you a noob, some are forced to play dota for varied reasons and some play for 'fun'. Dota is STILL a noob game, a warcraft player can play dota but a dota player can not play warcraft.

If you play dota as a side game NO PROBLEM THERE!!!, like if you are some hardcore COD player and just playing dota because thats all you can play on your 56k no scene, Just don't get fooled by thinking being good in dota makes you a good gamer. Its like those guys that beast stepmania...

All games are NOT created equal!! besides what you may think all games are not for fun, some games like FT were created for competitive gaming relying on micro. CS was made for that very reason, to make a strategic shooter away from the normal deathmatch that is common to this day. Big gaming orgs use these GOSU games to have their 'worldcups'

eg.

ESWC - Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike Women, Warcraft III, Pro Evolution Soccer 4, Unreal Tournament 2004, Quake III Arena, Gran Turismo 4

WCG - Fifa 06, CS 1.6, NFS, SC, FT, DOW etc etc

I really wish you all were taking DotA seriously, it is getting some recognition and as the game is 'noobish' i think we may stand a chance in the international arena with ALl the time these players invest in Dota. DotA is still very limited in its recognition as a 'gosu game'

WoW has NO place here....
    Wow was made to get players addicted by prolonged activities to make money.

As arch rightly mentioned Normal sweats are doing rather well on local and many of the members are going to bnet to train and come during the nights to show off what they have learnt. With vlad/khal/andy giving comments the players are sure to do well.

Just reminding everyone as to how TGS got where it was, it was the hardwork of just a handful of trinis. Don't be fooled by thinking the foreigners got TGS to #1, TGS was at the time run by xwing/vlad, the trini crew were just gunnin it on bnet when we realized that we were actually
    moving up the ladder. Viper re-took TC and called on even more TRINI support to get us to that #1.

Trinis can do it!!

YES you can have fun at a game you want to be #1 in, duh thats how i feel when playing any game.

9. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

why not for the games that are very competitive have laegues
    there as a trini warcraft leage
    ah fps league
    console legue
    subdivide so that we know which men play what and can bunch them together make teams , hve the guys that love to play the same games sweat with each other trinidad has a lot of potential for fighting games , strat and fps we have servers up to invite international men to vs? y not we already have a war3 server only problem is the other servers and financial issues are going to be a major problem

until dota shows a big grasp as a comptetive game globaly it is out of discusiion

10. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

DSL availability is an issue for the FPS online but I like where you are going with this.

11. vax

vax New Member

good plan... if u guys thinkin about havin ahh jokey side ( that kinda serious ) in fps count me in buh hada be cod 2 cause i real shitty in other fps
    as for d poll i cudn't vote cause it didn't have ahh option for both

12. Hidden

Hidden New Member

Life already too stressful for many people to have the time to become #1.

A lil fun off and on is all that i require ..I find we are making a mountain out of a ...snow cone.

13. ecktt

ecktt New Member

[font=&quot]Sheesh, you all miss my point apparntly.

Vax, sorry to tell hoss, yuh suck @ at all fps (Cod inc) :p . we does just let yuh play to hear yuh bawl "SUPRESSIVE FIRE". In any case games like cod and cs is filt if only because when you head shot a man @ point blank range with a sniper rifle without the scope, he doe dead! In fact it does count as a complete miss!
    [/font]

14. scaR

scaR New Member

Ecktt I think it's something to do with you being drunk when you check out the forums. :S

At least Vax does be kicks when he tight oui.

I concur with din din, this thread kinda pointless. If anyone is to blame it isn't the gamers it's the administration. Of course we are trying to change that, but it won't come overnight.

15. archvile

archvile Active Member

sigh...

i think you all really miss the point of what i was saying, this is segregation, exactly what i was speaking against...sigh...

16. Itachi

Itachi New Member

Lol, waste of time thread imo, only out to flame ppl who don't play "competitive games". I'd like to see you guys try out the PvP aspect of WoW, that there is ladders for. Honestly it all depends on what u deem "competition" i mean come on, there's freakin scrabble "competitions" and men does have peeing contests sometimes when drunk. You guys are just acting like 5 year olds who have not had their way.

17. vax

vax New Member

Hmmm.... me ehh knows... i just like d mere fact dat i get tuh meet other trinis who game i mean shit... limin with d crowd i never knew half d men i use to lime with use to game until after i leave uwi so me ehh know all dis crap about what dis server mean and what it suppose tuh stand for i ehh know bout dat all i know is @ least i know i playin with meh comrades as shitty and as good as dey come ( and duh yes expect me tuh cuss men for playin shit casue daz who i am ) i like tuh cuss
    btw if dis thread belong somewhere else feel free tuh move it tuh d appropiate place odder wise dat "meeting" dat takin place on sunday shit i hope u guys sought out some ahh d stuff going on... and if meh vote counts ( sure it don't ) 2 mods necesarry 1 scaros and d next mod i tink i shud be kai shit d man lives online and always on d server and yeah he ole enuff tuh know he place hell put him on probo friend and family ehh have no place here dis ahh game and from wha i hearin ahh "serious" game buh yeah we wana get ahh li serious buh i ehh want it be all serious cause hell ever hear about OXYMORON !? if yuh do english yuh go know wha dat mean (and yeah sold yuh dumb ass i write like dis cause dis d trini flavour) how d hell yuh o call ahh GAME serious ?? shit men go play for money men go play for title i play for one reason... tuh either get meh ass kick or beat d livin shit outta meh fellow T&T players.
    (dat be ahh full stop as in end ahh meh mouth as in i done talk)

18. ecktt

ecktt New Member

Put simply, who are they to decide what is worthy of being a competitive game? I've stated in the (now) other thread my idea for making the server a better place but now I would like to add another. Stop game bias. Now i never disagreed with their opinion about their games of choice but at the same time i eh shoot down anyone else own. It could be argued that their choice in games is as much shit. Is like debating a marathon better than a 100 metre sprint. And what does being drunk have to do with anything? It wasn't my intension to be funny either, only simply to present a different point of view. Let me state this clearly. I ain't figthing down or tryin to insult anyone in this forum. Just remember folks, opinions are like assholes, everybody has 1.

19. cereal_killer

cereal_killer New Member

so just because any one can pick up dota and after playing it a while they can get good in a short amount of time makes the gamea n00b game ?

so if i am able to do that in a fps which i have in halo where i baught a legit copy and played online and became better than the average gamer on those servers in a small amout of time with a couple hours of game play a day. does this make halo a n00b game ?

20. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

In response to para's statement that dota is a noob game...

that would be like comparing q3 to wc3... wc3 takes much more skill/time to learn so does that mean quake3 is a noob game? the difference i think is quake like dota is easy to learn. but it takes a certain skill to master. wc3 on the other hand is just more difficult to learn than non-rts...

kinda like what ck said