Broken warcraft need help

Discussion in 'PvPGN Server (Read only)' started by mojo, May 5, 2007.

1. mojo

mojo New Member

W3l.exe tells me "Wrong game.dll version v1.18 needed"

I am using warcraft version 1.21 but w3l.exe wants v1.18 game.dll. Now this is a "legit" warcraft installation, so i renamed cracked war3 and used original war3 on bnet and it works, but when i use the crack war3 for pvpgn using w3l.exe as the loader is when i have the problem.

Anyone who has insight as to how to fix this, hit me a reply pls. Thanx a bunch.

2. ladraxxx

ladraxxx New Member

is your wc installed or copied and pasted?....
    if it is copied and pasted dont rename any thing >_< all files need to be the same if they want de 1.18 patch/crack put it in then put in 1.21
    if it is installed dont use any crack patch... there is a wc fake cd iso file and just auto update from real bnet...

3. mojo

mojo New Member

sigh... did u even read the post?

4. RawRr

RawRr New Member

I too had this problem I tried to make my original WC3 and my crack WC3 on one folder as i did buy orignal WC but when i did this it would either screw up my original WC or my crack WC that same problem happened to me and also it told me i had to validate my patch version to be 1.21 even thou i had 1.21 installed but i solved the problem by copying and pasting another WC folder one being for Bnet and one being for Local not too sure how else to solve it thou :(

5. mojo

mojo New Member

yeah i figure i go hadda do dat

6. mojo

mojo New Member

gosh! this is so annoying...

i installed a clean wc3 and i getting the same problem. what a pack of balls!

7. scaR

scaR New Member

Hmm you have the w3lh.dll in the folder?

8. redden

redden New Member

Jjust wondering though, why would you want to use the cracked wc3 exe for local server? Wouldn't the original wc3 exe work for pvpgn? It did for me.

In any case:

Did you delete the Warcraft III folder after you un-installed it? Cus if you didn't, then I'm pretty sure thats why youre getting the same error after you re-installed.

So, easy way out is just uninstall, delete wcIII folder [eemportant], and then re-install.

I never had your problem so I can't really give a more creative solution, but un-installing-->deleting wc folder-->re-installing, shud do the trick.

9. Phats

Phats New Member

its the loader also copy a new acid loader to the folder after u reinstall and repatch

10. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

1) Test to ensure that you are using the right no-cd, do this by starting the game with the crack and not w3l.exe, if it starts then you have a good cracked 1.21 (meaning it starts without the need for the cd)

2) If i remember correctly there was a change in version of acid somewhere along the timeline (1 acid doesn't work for all), try re-downloading acid and ensure that all the files have been copied to the dir overwriting existing material (3 of em i think). Do not use the same source you did last time, if anything copy paste the 3 files from a working cracked version.

11. mojo

mojo New Member

it seems that it was a windows problem!!!

This is frikkin weird... and the fix was even weirder!!!

I had to add the warcraft install directory to the "path" environment variable in windows.

At first i thought that it couldn't find game.dll because of the wc3 install path in the registry was wrong, so i ran regedit, checked all that and the directory was correct.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Same problem. Thank God for Google. They always have the answer there!!! I found the solution on a european pvpgn server forum. Apparently it's one of the windows updates i had installed for microsoft visual studio that caused the problem.

12. redden

redden New Member

Damn, well congrats on fixing the problem. I would have never saw that coming wrt to a Windows update.

13. soldier

soldier New Member

w00t. one lesss noob on the server :D

14. vax

vax New Member

How to solve !

ok i got this prob recently after i ran the new patch 1.21B to my existing warcraft on the d folder (a copy and paste of my original from my C drive) and got this same retarded error... searched high and low for d solution...
    delete ALL instances of warcraft then follow the steps outlined in this link !
    it should work
    "http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=26646"]Eurobattle.net - World's Largest Warcraft III Community

(will find out in 3 minutes :)