Ask Sue...dota

Discussion in 'Computer Gaming' started by sue, Feb 8, 2010.

1. sue

sue New Member

Well since hero suggested it i'm going to do the same for the rest of TG what i did for UTT by opening the forum and wavering the one single rule i always had about no meepo questions.

ask whatever you like on any aspect of the game and i will share my knowledge on it.

consider it a gift to TG members before i leave dota for SC2.

and please to the admins....keep this a flameless tread...i can't delete flames so you'll have to do that for me.

2. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

Where does sven the rogue knight stand in the "tiers"

3. DGF

DGF New Member

Why do ppl still play DotA?
    oh and...
    [​IMG]

4. sue

sue New Member

easy question

atm sven is a teir 1 hero due to his spamable stun.

he's up there as one of the best current gankers including venge, slardar, lion.

sven has the capability as being a superb early ganker as well as a decent late game carry...overpowered imo...but hey, icefrog will fix him eventually.

keep em coming.

5. Hero

Hero New Member

This is good but a more ... practical in game approach might of helped some of these guys more. But anyways is ur time and this is very constructive.

Those new heroes ... are they or will they be used in competitive play?

6. sue

sue New Member

@ hero

well the new heroes...

SLARK

has good ganking and ward detection (according to kuroky) but alot of noobies will use him for farming and late game.

Ancient Aparation

This is the more dangerous of the two mainly because of his ultimate.

most players look at this hero and think: what a waste of time

but they oinly believe so because he is fragile and only average useful early game, poor midgame. he's excellent late game when you can use his GLOBAL ultimate every 20 seconds....that is rediculous....once a hero's health drops below 11% he's dead....way too imba.

that being said both of these heroes need some nerfing...give froggy time...

7. mokofig

mokofig New Member

ppl use dark seer in tournament? he is favourite hero. Why dey nerf his ulti?

8. sue

sue New Member

@ Dark Seer

plainly put he was an overpowered hero.

his ulti was not the only nerf he received but to my belief he was nerfed because he was used by a lot of people (including me) as a carry... i.e get a radience and a refresher orb and the opposition had to deal with 5 heroes as well as 10 illusions with radience auras....that was simply too powerful!

his cast range on vaccum was also nerfed...sigh

as well as his ion shell which stays on for a shorter period now and doesnt allow you to "double shell" any unit.

that being said dark seer is still a good hero...i'd say teir 2 imo because he can supply beautiful support with other heroes especially aoe heroes. e.g. enigma, earthshaker, shadow fiend etc.

he can also be extremely good at ganking with heroes like sven, juggernaut, pudge, clockwork.

and with his rate of farming income he is excellent for ward support as well.

summary: dark seer is still a good hero...maybe not as imba as a few months ago but he is still good.

my favorite item build on him now:

phase boots, guinsoo (every sue hero has a guinsoo), shivas guard, blink dagger (75% sue heroes also has this lol), radience (because it's a piece of cake to farm)

a new trend is to put a vanguard on him for survivability....i'm not much a fan of the vanguard but i've seen it used effectively.

i've also seen some pubbies using orchid to good effect.

excellent replay:
    http://www.gosugamers.net/dota/replays/26766
    played by kuroky....superb farm
    version 124c
    6.64 map...no changes in seer since then.

9. Hero

Hero New Member

yeah seer up there with my top fav heroes. Sue also I think you should sign up for the beta @ bloodlinechampions.com .( not to try to pull u from dota or anything but just want as many people signed up for the beta as possible) So we can get a more local feedback on the game.

10. scaR

scaR New Member

Dark Seer has a lot of very useful spells, too imbalanced for his intended role as a support hero. Good nerf, I used to hate to see that picked.

BTW, I'm not sure if Geese knows this since he hasn't played for years but Sven's stun is now an AOE.

11. sue

sue New Member

TIP of the DAY : KNOW YOUR SWOT

To help the younger players i have also decided to share a tip of the day..i'll try to put one in as often as i could...hopefully it's on a 24 hour basis.

SWOT
    strengths
    Weaknesses
    Opportunities (limited to what can be applied to dota but i'll try)
    Threats

It's a business term and a couple of the guys might be familiar with it but it can be applied to the dota game in general. It is an excellent way of analyzing yourself to know your own capabilities.

for example my swot is:
    strengths - micro capability, strong early game roaming ability, hero knowledge, capable of being effective with basic items
    Weaknesses - average at last hitting, unorthodox style that doesnt complement a lot of players
    Opportunities - i can analyze a player's capabilities by just looking at his general gameplay withina couple of minutes to know how to approach handling him/her
    Threats - i am resonably easy to lane against because of my average lasthitting

therefore i am best suited for a gank/semicarry position on a lineup.

try to analyse yourself (be honest with your analysis) and you will see vast improvement in your team play.

you can also apply this for team purposes when approaching tournaments. i have done so in the past with decent results.

N.B. individual heroes of the day coming soon

12. Hero

Hero New Member

^ very important. Working on this makes you a better player. You need to exploit your own strengths so much that your weaknesses arent apparent.

I could put mines but not sure if anyone cares hehe. Anyways working on this is what has got me to where i am today . ... which isnt THAT far but hey , Im in a pro sponsored hon clan and hopefully I make the tier one team roster.

13. scaR

scaR New Member

Q: Do you believe the T&T DotA community can cope with your absence after you have moved on to Starcraft II?

14. sue

sue New Member

T&T DOTA...YES
    UTT DOTA....NO

15. scaR

scaR New Member

Q: Should kill stealing be taken this seriously?

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?fmt=18&v=rQDdRYxq6HM"]YouTube- epic remake.mpg ​

16. sue

sue New Member

Tip Of The Day: Wtf Are You Doing Farming?!

yes as a lot of the local guys do it.....farm ...farm....farm....farm...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

a good exmple from the UTT team is huey.....that is a man that will be playing a ganking hero like (insert any ganking hero here) and stay put on a lane admiring gold poping out from creeps.

if i ask him: "wtf are you doing farming?!"
    he would respond: "lemme just get my (insert high teir item here) and i gonna own

meanwhile i'm pulling my hair out.........

as i said....a lot of local guys do this. they beleive that the only way to win a battle is with the best items...a team can actually win fights with empty inventories (remember ks.int's gank style 2009 that was untouchable)

so if you aren't a carry.......WTF ARE YOU DOING FARMING?!

17. sue

sue New Member

The most used heroes...how goood are they really?

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota/thread/488860-most-popular-pro-heroes

The List!

This is a list of the most banned/picked heroes aswell as there win% in that games. The data is from all the pro replays uploaded here on gosugamers. It is only for version 6.66 and 6.66b. Make what you want about this list, maybe you can draw some interressting facts for you liking and maybe be surprised at others.
    Note: Heroes is sorted from most popular to least. (Ban + Pick = Popularity)
    Well, here we go:

149 Matches (-cm=87, -cd=28, -ap=34)

Sentinel 85-64 Scourge

Hero . Ban . Pick . Win . Win %
    -------------------------------------
    _____CM . 32 . 72 . 26 . 36
    __Venge . 43 . 58 . 37 . 64
    __Kunka . 32 . 64 . 30 . 47
    Slardar . 76 . 20 . 08 . 40
    ___Lion . 26 . 69 . 32 . 46
    ___PotM . 12 . 81 . 42 . 52
    ___Tide . 67 . 25 . 17 . 68
    _____ES . 15 . 69 . 34 . 49
    ___Sven . 09 . 69 . 38 . 55
    _____BM . 52 . 25 . 16 . 64
    Warlock . 22 . 51 . 19 . 37
    __Pugna . 36 . 33 . 20 . 61
    ___Sand . 05 . 58 . 23 . 40
    __Storm . 15 . 40 . 17 . 43
    _____SF . 06 . 46 . 16 . 35
    _Medusa . 33 . 17 . 07 . 41
    __Brood . 40 . 08 . 06 . 75
    _____DS . 24 . 23 . 09 . 39
    _Enigma . 10 . 35 . 21 . 60
    ___Puck . 05 . 39 . 19 . 49
    _Rhasta . 13 . 23 . 08 . 35
    __Morph . 11 . 22 . 10 . 45
    _Furion . 07 . 24 . 11 . 46
    ____Doc . 05 . 24 . 16 . 67
    _____PL . 20 . 08 . 05 . 63
    ___Krob . 03 . 20 . 09 . 45
    _Sniper . 03 . 19 . 09 . 47
    __Necro . 02 . 17 . 07 . 41
    __Panda . 04 . 15 . 07 . 47
    _____NA . 12 . 07 . 03 . 43
    ____QoP . 00 . 18 . 12 . 67
    ___Lich . 00 . 18 . 10 . 56
    ___Chen . 02 . 15 . 07 . 47
    _Anti-M . 05 . 12 . 06 . 50
    ___Bane . 03 . 13 . 05 . 38
    __Razor . 03 . 12 . 06 . 50
    ___Zues . 00 . 14 . 07 . 50
    ___Lina . 00 . 14 . 06 . 43
    Invoker . 01 . 13 . 07 . 54
    ___KotL . 00 . 13 . 10 . 77
    _Tinker . 01 . 12 . 09 . 75
    _Jugger . 00 . 12 . 06 . 50
    _____SK . 00 . 11 . 05 . 45
    ___Tiny . 00 . 11 . 04 . 36
    ___Ursa . 08 . 03 . 01 . 33
    ___Naix . 00 . 10 . 03 . 30
    ___Wind . 01 . 09 . 06 . 67
    ____Axe . 01 . 09 . 04 . 44
    ___Omni . 02 . 08 . 07 . 88
    __Dirge . 03 . 07 . 05 . 71
    Silence . 03 . 07 . 05 . 71
    __Viper . 00 . 09 . 07 . 78
    _____SP . 00 . 09 . 04 . 44
    ___Roof . 01 . 08 . 05 . 63
    ___Drow . 01 . 08 . 04 . 50
    ___Veno . 00 . 08 . 05 . 63
    ____LoA . 00 . 08 . 03 . 38
    ___Riki . 00 . 07 . 05 . 71
    ___Naga . 01 . 06 . 05 . 83
    ___Luna . 00 . 06 . 04 . 67
    _____DK . 01 . 05 . 02 . 40
    _Magnus . 00 . 05 . 05 . 100
    ___Ogre . 00 . 05 . 04 . 80
    ___Alch . 00 . 05 . 03 . 60
    ____Bat . 00 . 05 . 03 . 60
    Enchant . 00 . 05 . 01 . 20
    _____TS . 00 . 05 . 01 . 20
    ___Void . 01 . 04 . 04 . 100
    Spectre . 01 . 04 . 02 . 50
    _Lanaya . 02 . 03 . 01 . 33
    Centaur . 00 . 04 . 02 . 50
    __Clock . 00 . 04 . 02 . 50
    _____NS . 02 . 02 . 01 . 50
    Techies . 02 . 02 . 01 . 50
    ____THD . 00 . 03 . 03 . 100
    __Chaos . 00 . 03 . 02 . 67
    __Lycan . 00 . 03 . 02 . 67
    __Pudge . 00 . 03 . 02 . 67
    Mortred . 00 . 03 . 01 . 33
    _Bounty . 00 . 03 . 00 . 0
    __Blood . 01 . 02 . 01 . 50
    _Huskar . 00 . 02 . 01 . 50
    _____OD . 00 . 02 . 01 . 50
    __Slark . 00 . 02 . 01 . 50
    _____TC . 00 . 02 . 01 . 50
    ____Pit . 00 . 02 . 00 . 0
    _Weaver . 00 . 02 . 00 . 0
    _____AA . 01 . 01 . 01 . 100
    __Meepo . 01 . 01 . 00 . 0
    ___Doom . 00 . 01 . 01 . 100
    _Visage . 00 . 01 . 01 . 100
    _____BB . 00 . 01 . 00 . 0
    _____BF . 00 . 01 . 00 . 0
    __Sylla . 00 . 01 . 00 . 0
    _____TB . 00 . 01 . 00 . 0
    __Troll . 00 . 01 . 00 . 0
    ___Bara . 00 . 00 . 00 . -

*2 -cm games' bans not listed
    *2 -cd games' bans listed

Comments:
    149 games has been uploaded for version 6.66 and 6.66b(Only professional games). Sentinel leads the Scourge 85-64. I know some of the -ap games was actually -cm games that got re-created. For those that don't understand: 1st column is The Hero abbreviation, 2nd the numer of times that hero got banned, 3rd the number of times that hero has been picked, 4th column shows there win amount, 5th column the win%.

18. archvile

archvile Active Member

When quoting info from sites such as that i strongly suggest u state that it was so done, along with where u quoted it from.

19. sue

sue New Member

Tip Of The Day: Micro It

First of all i wanna apologize for a comment i made a couple of days ago regarding a video of a fight in an Internet cafe. It was not my intention to make an issue or anything as such but it happened and a lot of emotions were thrown on the table. It was never intended by me to be disrespectful/offensive to anyone.

I also wanna apologize for not updating this tread on time....haven't been home in a couple days and using a friend's machine to make this post.

***********************************************************​
    There are a handful of good dota players on the island but there are even less as far as the micro-managing men. In my time since becoming part of TG i have only seen 4 men worthy of mention as far as micro-managing multiple units is concerned. These men are Hero, Shenlong, Kyat (to some decent extent) and myself.

But really...why should a player bother with this skill since only a fistful of heroes really need it and even the ones that do are highly situational? Why?

ans: because it's fun and a nice challenge.

Two of the main aspects of being a good micro player is POSITIONING and SPEED. There is no replacing these 2 aspects....if you don't have a good control of both then you have no chance of really being called good at it.

An example of a speed-micro-heavy hero is meepo. This is a hero highly based on the player's poofing technique. positioning in this hero is not as important as others because he has a perma-net ability that can makeup for a poor position.

An example of a position-micro-heavy hero is chen (enchantress is similar). chen's success in a game is his ability to disable fleeing units with neutral creeps while ambushing from the opposite direction.

What are the basics of micromanaging?

1, The TAB button is your friend. It took me a long time to realize how powerful that button really is. Tab helps your speed greatly by having you not struggle through your units during a clash.

2, Practice. There is no substitute for this. One of the ways I've become really good at it was because of the number of games i play with certain heroes (chen and especially meepo). By practicing you are actually increasing your speed greatly. You are also gaining experience by adapting to certain scenarios.

What heroes can i micromanage with?

Well I've done a lot of experimenting and I've come to the realization that any hero that does not have a natural orb and you can put a Helm of the Dominator on can become a mass unit demon.

A good example of such a hero is Faceless Void. This is a hero who can use Chronosphere and at the same time use his dominated creeps and get them into position to chain-stun the opposition after the chrono is over. n.b. FV's dominated units can walk through a chronosphere as I've seen shenlong do a couple of times.

On a short note be creative with this and you'll have fun; i promise.

Well there you go folks...your tip of the day.

p.s. if men like Hero and any other good micro player would like to add to this post please reply to help the aspiring players.

20. Hero

Hero New Member

yeah i have something to add actually. All that info really accurate and should help however i would like to input the mindset of how i became better at micro.

Other than all that and especially those last 2 points made the main mindset when i am microing is.
    " Ok i just did all necessary things for the situation with this unit now its time to move on "
    What i am saying AS SOON as you find urself in a position where the unit you currently have targeted cant add more the current fight you switch.

The best time to micro is when you are doing nothing.

Of course its not that simple but in terms of knowing when thats the best advice i can give to someone learning to micro and their brain freezes in the battle unsure of what to do next. Use ur your confusion as an alert to micro . From the time ur hero is autoattacking ... it may be time to micro . From the time ur hero is slowed stunned or disabled in any way.... it may be time to micro. From the time u cant save ur team mate with any of ur current spells due to cd or effect? ..... it may be time to micro.

Also if ur hero is not a hero with good initiates microing before ur unit may be advised.

anyways every player has their own personal gameplay tricks on each aspect for me ... microing , i use my unsurity ( thats a word) as a guide.

Goodluck V ur best friend V V

[​IMG]

and also for multiple units playing heroes such as chen/ophelia. Its important to have ur unit tabbing in order. For these cases i can tell u what works for me is the main important unit is set as a shortcut keybind by himself. For me most cases would be 3 . ctrl and 3 the unit for easy access.