My Mini Case Project/build.

Discussion in 'Mods, Guides & Overclocking' started by kaizen, Dec 19, 2012.

1. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

Haven't put together a tower in 3 years and after my disappointing experiences with laptop gaming decided to come back to the desktop side. There was one thing though, I hate the huge tower scenarios so I did some research (anandtech,hardocp,pcgamer etc) and decided to try my hand at a mini itx case.

My choice Bitfenix Prodigy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

why? even though I wanted a mini itx case I still wanted to be able to make a powerhouse of a machine and the width and size of the Bitfenix Prodigy still allows that (fitting larger cards such as the 670 and 680).

Specs are as followed.

i7 3770K (processor)
    AS Rock LGA1155 (mobo)
    Corsair Professional Series AX 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (AX750) (Power supply)
    EVGA GTX680 SuperClocked (2gig) (Gpu)
    Corsair Vengeance 16 gig 2x8 DDR 3 1600mhz (ram)
    and a western digital 1 tb black caviar for now.

well the build is done and running on stock cooling for now and it's actually not that bad, the case has excellent air flow and it wasn't that hard to fit everything into this tiny tina of a case.

My future upgrades an SSD,blu ray and another hdd maybe but for now I'm very pleased with the build every game I've thrown at it so far runs flawless (farcry 3,black ops 2,guild wars 2) will update sooner or later with benchmarks and more test runs on games.

2. groff[MFK]©

groff[MFK]© Active Member

woot woot ... it bess hoss looking good should be putting up mines next week for sure Evga 680 is win ...

3. kaizen

Was trying to cheap out on the cpu cooling but got convinced otherwise so went with the Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009VV56TY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

4. kaizen

Final update for awhile system is up and running
    Major thanks to kriminal and see_kay for further advising me on the parts and nike for helping me put this thing together :D.

5. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

:O @ NIKE ALIVE!

6. kaizen

Got the water cooling in the system up and running next up getting a SSD.

Next major update I'll be swapping my GTX 680 out for a NVIDIA TITAN.
    And possibly faster ram >_>. One thing when all this is done I'll start adding the cosmetic mods to the case I have quite a few prepared just the time.

http://www.nvidia.com/titan-graphics-card

Update and pics when it happens.
    Till the next one whenever that is.. :lol: