Trinigamers Poll: Broadband or dial up?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Xecutiona, Oct 26, 2007.

?

Poll: Dialup or Broadband?

1. Broadband

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

Hello Members,

This poll is an attempt to see how feasible it would be to be more media-centric here on Trinigamers. Obviously we want to ensure that you have the best experience you can possibly have here, so rather than springing up a change on you we want to see how many of our members can currently handle it on their connection.
    If the majority of you are not able to handle it,(streaming videos etc), then we would shy away from moving in this direction; but any questions, theories, comments etc are welcome in this thread:cool:

thanks in advance!!
    Xecutiona

2. slickdre

slickdre Member

I would like to say that you should also have Wireless Connection in the poll, for that is what I am useing home

I dont know if wireless would either fall in Dial-up or Broadband groups but to me its something by itself

However I dont see any problem with media and my connection home thus far, an I am all for something new

3. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

wireless as in greendot or tstt wireless is broadband..not suitable for gaming etc, but this is for streaming media. i think(if im not mistaken) that wireless users shouldnt have a problem

4. slickdre

slickdre Member

That is correct I dont have any problem in streaming viedo files, gaming on the other hand may be a problem, but if GreenDot wireless is in the same grouping as broadband then I wouldnt have any problems.

5. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

well gradually i am putting video into game discussions, it helps to have the reference material in front ur eyes when dishing it out

6. Anoreth

Anoreth New Member

For spite im picking dial up

7. TheApprentice

TheApprentice New Member

Well it seems from the poll people are pushing to the broadband era...

8. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

if you on broadband choose broadband...dial up choose dialup...if you are immature keep ya ass out of the thread
    wll, im thinking more of a media rich experience, which would only work if

1. people want it
    2. they on broadband

the dial up people not gonna suffer too much, as the media not gonna automatically start, its a click to play basis

9. KOTD

KOTD New Member

Being Upgraded

I think it's safe to assume that by the middle of next year all of us will be on some sort of highspeed connection, so by all means go wild.

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice New Member

yea for real....

I'm all for a media-centric environment...
    + even if it does cause issues for dial-up members... it will more give them a reason to upgrade :p

11. wildchild

wildchild Member

for most of us higher connection speeds are just not in our area yet, but KOTD is right by mid next year everyone should have highspeed. So by all means go crazy.

12. Maniac

Maniac New Member

yeah yeah jed, most ppl on dsl, its rare to hear about ppl who game with dialup these days, its like *eek* or *gasp* and soon everyone shall have it because it has recently become more affordable thanks to Flow and TSTT stepping up their game to compete, oh yeah! TSTuTu still sux though.

13. Doobs

Doobs New Member

lol...like men eh experience my uber dial up yet...lol

14. vispera

vispera New Member

This poll is a waste of time...

15. gank_meister

gank_meister New Member

Dial Up

DIAL UP FTW muss love the 5kbs download speed never let me down