Trinigamers COD 4 Tournament - 16th March 2008 Report!

Discussion in 'Event Reports' started by 4ndr050v1c, Mar 16, 2008.

1. 4ndr050v1c

4ndr050v1c New Member

The tournament got off to a slightly late start because of some technical difficulties primarily. Six teams participated in the event which commenced at around 11:30AM (teams were late in arriving etc). The last round saw the team South Soldiers vs. Xyber in some VERY intense competition. The event came off relatively smoothly with very minor issues :cool:

Some images of the event:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spectating

[​IMG]
    Hops hard at work

Team Shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Winning Team:
    [​IMG]

Shezi and RB:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Staff:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Larutus

Larutus New Member

*applause* that was one of the most tightly contested final matches i have ever witnessed. all in all it was a good sweat, and i must say, it was good being back in the thick of the action; and managing to play on a team that would be considered way below average on paper and still cutting ras is always a good thing.

Looking fwd to the next event

3. Anoreth

Anoreth New Member

lol the 2nd pic lookin so serious eh
    as well as the LIX LOL

4. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

video SOON!

well as soon as i can figure it out

5. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

don't tell me we lost those vids :(

6. Xecutiona

Xecutiona New Member

nah nah im seeing it...one way or the other we WILL get that video

7. Larutus

Larutus New Member

provided no one vibrates

8. Geese

Well i was watching back some video from my cam, damn its pretty clean considering how crappy mine was said to be. Now I just need a firewire cable.

9. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

South men won?
    Andro how could you let this happen!

10. bill

bill New Member

I was thinking that i VERY disappointed

11. archvile

archvile Active Member

nice

time for a cod4 tourney down south now :D

12. Geese

but bill is balls and cant play nothing but dota :(

so his views dont count :D:D:D

13. DGF

DGF New Member

lol @ despair.

i jus gotta say.. female gamers represented an rocked!

bigup to prince$$ on a good show..:)

14. 4ndr050v1c

4ndr050v1c New Member

i didnt play ;)

15. wildchild

wildchild Member

Yes Para south men won. So there..bleh! I'm really thankful for the opportunity to play against some different COD4 players. Most matches were very easy, others weren't simple and had me screaming out orders at my teammates because of the stress. But i must say it was a great experience. It taught us all never to become comfortable and to always keep pushing even if you're dominating. Gotta say that Xyber had us on our toes. The Battles between us were in Bog and Crash (i think, can't remember). Bog was madness, really hope u guys can get those vids up for all to see. I'm still having flashes of the insanity of that battle. To tell you the truth i can't even understand how the hell we pulled a win from that one. I remember seeing Frost capturing the point in the metal container that was the bane of that level. If you see grenade... And the other match...Gosh...Team Xyber were like a pack of ants. Jezz.. you gotta see those vids.... I remember running for a point and just glancing to my right the entire team seemed to spawn right next to the damn thing! And guess what....the mod had a 5sec spawn protection timer....we were all slaughtered....They had one player only scouting out the next hq after one was captured. We only managed to pick up after i decided to do that and i noticed the f%$@er sprinting to a point that just appeared. But in the end we won. A totally flawless victory. Hoping to sign up for GameFest 2008 for the CoD4. Itching to shoot more competition. Wanna say gratz to my team for pulling through and working together, like one unit, for once. Muss give a lol to UPS, It had a scene when we was alone with a captured point and asking where de enemy coming from. Frost cuss he tail and tell him he had a UAV so friggin use it. LOL. But his scorpion real rip up men. And to Raw, we all thought we had to hold his hand through all of this yet he showed true composure in it all and saved my backside a couple of times. He is no longer a noob in my eyes *sniff, i'm so proud of him, it was his 1st tourney, sniff* To Rastaelmo for his mobility and stoned attitude (truly de man does move like he just smoke a pound of weed). And to mih cousin Frost for keeping UPS in check. And the hail of ammo he gladly gave to the competition! Muhahahaha

16. ups

ups New Member

Wow...men sound so suprised that south men could play cod4 or is it that the only south team that showed up for the tourney ended up winning it?

All in all no one can cheapen our victory, we played a good team and overcame their strat with one simple motto that everyone followed "I am not the weakest link"...rofl (i going to get real tap for saying dat)

But all in all tourney was nice it really have some men with some skills that we hope to play in the near future

We were tinkering with some piece of shit software called Hamachi dunno if any of you using that shit but we willing to play anyone

17. DGF

DGF New Member

is not a piece of shit software.. grrrr.. im making progress :mad::mad:
    (sorry for offtopic post)

18. Geese

I honestly think that the competition wasn't as good as it could have been, if people played it more, it could have been way better, but hey all competitive scenes have to start somewhere. I didn't play any COD at all on the day but I did watch most of the matches while recording on cam.

I'm not taking away your victory at all, you did your thing and did it extremely well, but now that it has been proven that a scene for COD4 can flourish locally, I suspect more people will be inclined to play the game

(and if you in FOAK shoes, actually try to install it lol, seriously I see Larry doing some real nonsense, Menace was loling at all the flash and blind shooting that was going on)

GG next tournament is where business picks up, I for one can't wait :D

19. scaR

scaR New Member

South men win a tourney. Once in a blue moon. Hurricane hits Trinidad and Tobago. Agave flowers bloom. Cicadas emerge. Sometimes these things just happen. If they didn't then we'd have no stories to tell our grandchildren.

Congrats South ppl!

20. archvile

archvile Active Member

wa de..

cicadas emerge all the time, u just need to be in the right place :)

scar just talkin cuz he FRAID THE SOUTH
    HE FRAID EEEET!