The Sexy Resume (not for those who hate reading)

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Larutus, May 14, 2009.

1. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Would an experienced person have a 1 page Resume?

I wouldn't limit it to that.

2. mojo

mojo New Member

I guess the term "experienced" is dependent on the context used.

In my case, it's quite normal seeing a one page resume for an Engineer with 20 years experience spread over 10 RELEVANT previous jobs.

Notice I have relevant in BOLD because (using myself as an example) I used to pack the merchandise on the steel but it's not on my Resume.

Question for other persons involved in hiring: How important is academic qualification / certification when weighted against experience? There should be high correlation between this factor and which demands more bandwidth on your resume IMO.

Also para is probably right. My advice might be somewhat industry specific as well.

3. Larutus

Larutus New Member

2 pages is enough imo, first page should just be your name contact details and prior work experience/accomplishments. Education and specific skills would be on 2nd page (for me anyway). References are listed on a page by themself, but i would not consider that part of the Resume.

The US generally uses the terms CV and resume interchangeably, i think i got the initial article from Yahoo, cannot recall.