The best chinese food in Trinidad and Tobago?

Discussion in 'Must Feeeed' started by scaR, Jun 25, 2010.

1. scaR

scaR New Member

Trinidad and Tobago the land of steel band, calypso and chinese food restaurants in every block. From a gaming administration perspective, once all these asians mix into the general population we could have some really imba gaming genes in the future. But I digress, back to the topic at hand...

I would have to say Imperial Garden, Grand Bazaar. I find a lot of their menu to be delectable. Also as a Muslim, finding halaal chinese is a consideration. Wu's in Curepe is my fall back. House of Chan at Emerald Plaza, St. Augustine is good if Chan himself is cooking, otherwise it may be an average experience.

Which chinese restaurant is your favourite?

2. doomtack

doomtack New Member

Does this have anything to do with "http://www.trinigamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8819"]this thread?

otherwise... Being a muslim myself, i really only eat at that same Wu's and the chinese restaurant renting downstairs our house...

3. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

for the cheap chinese...

wing hua in enterprise (old southern main road)

for the more resturant class:
    shanghai experience (movietowne).

i loves me some chinese so i waitin to hear what ppl say to try out places

4. spinner

spinner New Member

There's a Chinese food place past KFC Montrose(Jin-something is the name :S) if u going towards longdenville, in Chaguanas that is, bess chinese food imo; plenty food for good prices :D

5. Hidden

Hidden New Member

Most authentic chinese food i've ever had was probably from Soongs Great wall. Food quality varies on whichever chef is there I believe.

Shanghai's food is 'ok'.

6. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

soongs is the one in south by chance?

i heard it have a great one in south

7. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

Soongs hasn't been good for a while. They were good like 4-5 years ago. Theres a place by cross crossing lights I had food from there a few times and it was good (the beef especially)

I recently had food from a place owned by the head of the chinese merchants association in POS (the name escapes me) but it was pretty good.

8. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

In south Canton palace and Dim Sum King.

But shanghai take the cake for real :D.

9. Brown Wolf

Brown Wolf New Member

I woulda say d Chinese dragon but havent been there in a long time pluss their food rel oily!

10. soldier

soldier New Member

i love kam wa

11. kayode

kayode Active Member

There was a place called Panda Palace on Maraval Road, right after the gas station, opposite a primary school. Great food, real cosy little restaurant. Dined my wife there man a time...it was our favorite little place.

But they close down.

So I vote Valpark.

Hm...kinda hungry now...

12. eddoes

eddoes New Member

Canton Palace is the place by cross crossing dey. They food aite. Golden Palace in Marabella also nice. Shanghai exp is one of my fav. I guess it depends on how much yuh willing to spend!!

13. killing*spree

killing*spree New Member

I def agree with Imperial... they're the best for me, then Shanghai and Wu's for backup :D

14. the_steph

the_steph New Member

there is a small in duncan village named 'Wing On' - good taste, good price, plenty food

i would also say KAM WA - i rather to eat in than carry and God i love that pepper sauce - it does just make it taste better!!

15. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

it have a next sauce in they that does taste reaaal good... the one in the silver thing with the scoup

kamwah is also good but.. still prefer d one in enterprise.. kamwah is for when i in work

16. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

Shay Shay Tien on Cipriani Boulevard.

17. Doobs

Doobs New Member

Hegoos in montrose have d bess tofu.

18. gambitt

gambitt New Member

I think I remember going in that place Kayode was talking about once. Food was ok.

There's a place in 4 roads diego martin, almost on the corner just past the exit for the shopping plaza. Nice food most of the time.

Imperial garden used to be pretty good when it was down on that side too, but that close so long now plenty people wouldnt even remember it had one in glencoe, just the wok & roll in the food court.

Any how you take it, you just can't beat the price when it comes to making it at home.

19. sNo

sNo New Member

Panda Palace on Maraval Road was bessss!
    Remember the days when we used to buy food from there during lunchtime in d primary school right opposite.
    Shame dey close down though.....

But Food Time in Arouca/Five Rivers take it.
    Food there nice dan. Yuh hadda try it.

20. Hero

Hero New Member

^ agree with this guy. I probably know u lol . I went newtown as well and panda palace on lunch time was the realllll flick. And once in a while some kamwah with not bad as a chinese restaurant either btw .

And i live in the east and i buy food time at least a few times a week. Definitely best chinese food in this general area , a lil expensive on some items but maintains a high level of taste and portion size.