Tg Ban/safelist

Discussion in 'PvPGN Server (Read only)' started by Paradoxxx, Dec 14, 2006.

1. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

ok well if this list is still promoted jus finish a game with "rich" played with him before and he is a n00b and seller whatever... but thats ok... maybe he will learn... but for this he deserves to be on blist....

go sk in a game ... game goin good... we were prolly gonna win... he sold with SK... and then afked... with each side only have 3 towers left the man afked and we lost steups... blist for that man

2. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

The list was recently updated with some of the newer aliases and player on the server.

An important one to note is foxxx/boboshanti he seems to be changing his nick often to try to get in ggs. ASP on the other hand seems to be a good player anyways the updates are done in real time so im sure those using the list have already seen the updates.

I have an idea for the next evolution of the list, at present I have to manually rate new players and do checks for alias, I can have a program do all of this for me.

3. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

if you get that program it would be great... list would be always updated etc... what does tda use? if u know

another thing we hadda start promoting the blist more... host need to start using it...
    at least the banlist... is ok if they use blist method instead of safelist method... greater chance of gg's

4. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

TDA uses the same technique I am thinking about (well my idea is based on theirs) with their own programs which they keep to themselves with good reasoning.

The idea is that everyone is safe until they are proven to be unsafe, they have a win limit to become safelisted as to prevent players from being banned and making a new account. For our scenario I have access to information that will allow me to lock all future accounts of persons found to be on the banlist.

An important feature is having a group of persons manage the info on players in a structured formal manner unlike what I have been doing. Im thinking in addition to the comical comments have a serious score which is an average of each score submitted by reviewers.

Its still something I need to put down on paper but my logic and techniques are sound and much of the code is based on TGBOT. Right now I have a GUI for this task but to make it portable to unix environments I'll have to scrap that.

Seriously speaking I doubt many players will use the list, not meant to offend anyone but there exists a group of players who seem to be bent on doing what they want and will allow players who misbehave into their games.

I am thinking to have a 3rd list of some sorts not attached to the banlist program, this list will attempt to permanently ban users on it from the server. I see banlisted players as players that need to either work on their game (its reallly bad), have technical issues, very bad mannered.

5. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

true @ its up to host themselves to behave properly for a better tg...
    and i think that most host's does want there games filled and ready to go fast so dey doh really care who join as long as they gettin a game... desperation i say...
    and then the next set of hosts who will let known noobs/laggers etc play once they not on their side...
    hmm... it have nuff men on server to get purely gg's

6. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Indeed and many of the former 'weak players' have proven themselves worthy to be in these games. Redman for instance minus a shitty PC he is playing very well.

7. soldier

soldier New Member

I always told my self when I get DSL only certain men will be playing in my games. Like i always say a gosu 3v3 > n00by 5v5.

I will probably be hated MORE due to this but tough; that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Para, what about sold and his shitty connection? :D:cool:

8. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

A host pushing for GG's will most likely get 'negative feedback' from persons being rejected from his game. Personally I am @ TG to get in a good game and not here to make friends, if I make you vex and you are willing to play at your VERY best to try and beat me then my goal is being satisfied.

As of late I have been playing some games that are just plain boring, even with the 'I must beat para' mentality many fall way short. Its so bad that we have been trying to figure out ways to handicap our game (without player swaping) to make things fun and challenging. Recently we realized that our gameplay has decreased because of playing with newbs and have resumed training on tda.

9. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

well para yuh must have that... when u have a full 5 man team who does "practice on tda" and yuh playin random sides (most of the men doh even know what a good team game is)... so the only way u will get truley good gg's with ur side... is to play a next side... or men who know dota is not all about kills...

10. RawRr

RawRr New Member

Jus wondering, what do you'll consider backdooring now?
    Before when i used to play backdoor was considered to be any attempt to destroy a tower where none of your creep wave is there wheter it be a tower outside or in main base.

And even when some ppl do backdoor they always seem to have a big excuse to defend themselves and claim its not backdooring etc.

And I believe with this method you'll get better games yes... but ppl always pm host for space etc or space for friends etc kicking the unknown players or less known players so they dont even get a proper judgement of wheter their good or not even though its most likely that they are a noob >_<.

11. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

backdooring in tda is legal believe it or not however its rarely ever done and seen as bad manner to backdoor. In the games ive played, a vote is called whether to bd or not.

In my view backdooring should not be legal and I think thats the view of most local authorities on the matter. Anyways for the official definition

backdooring is defined as attack a base building (tower, raks, throne etc) with intent of a backdoor without initially entering with a creepwave.

What does this mean?
    1) You can rambo outside towers without creeps
    2) Once you enter the base legally you can take the entire base including other base towers.
    3) if you accidentally hit the building a chop on your way out of the base or by some mistake you will not be penalized but if you persist as to show intent of bd you will be penalized. Kinda subjective.

Although #1 is permissible I dislike it and refrain from it.

12. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

1. i thought tda considered ramboin twrs without creeps period is backdooring... but backdooring base twrs are illegal... whereas backdooring outside twrs are legal :S ?

2. you saying if you take the top twr and your creeps are inside base... your team can then proceed to the bottom twr (creeps wont follow as they hit the first thing in site) and take eeet?

3. ramboing (outside twrs) actually brings about another aspect of team play and "figuring out" as @ high levels a team could roll through without creeps and take a twr... the other team wont be prepared for it etc as men accustom to only takin twrs when creeps there... it also makes for a faster game because when a team see a creep wave with heroes nearing a twr they will go defend it... this happens often if both teams are balanced and games end up in sort of a stalemate till 1 team gains an advantage

13. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav~playsound slap.wav

14. heady

heady New Member

Boboshanti aint foxxx.

Boboshanti is meh bro he does use crashkid too sometimes, He is Real shit but he learning.

I does finish he game sometimes too when i get fedup of him doing shit.

edit:i seeing real ppl in meh games dat not listed doh allyuh sticking who does update it?

15. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

try and teach the man nah...
    my cousing use to come on server and sell and i tell dont go back on... i teach him some things and then he went back on... he still n00b but he doh sell... :D

16. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

i update the list, I would appreciate if you list some of those users here. It is quite possible that I don't meet/play the persons you played with and didn't update accordingly.

17. Doobs

Doobs New Member

quote from safelist

"katsu average player, has potential, seems to know builds. "
    "§ilk doesn't know proper builds and kill steals"

lol...katsu = silk fyi.....lol:p

18. slickdre

slickdre Member

lol...woot katsu is my coworker

i though he was goin with the name silk

so goin to look for him on the server ent doobs??

19. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Thanks for the information doobs, if i knew of the alias i would have updated katsu entry to indicate the new information.

In a few games playing against katsu he built those heros well (troll, ns) but it seems he doesn't know how to properly build certain intel heros (rhasta).

Good point, i'll keep this noted when formalizing the banlist.

20. Anoreth

Anoreth New Member

a little off topic?