Tg Ban/safelist

Discussion in 'PvPGN Server (Read only)' started by Paradoxxx, Dec 14, 2006.

1. MG

MG New Member

ofcourse some ppl might not be there simply because they play under different names with some odd spelling. only accurate way to add them is to actually catch their name in a game online...

2. Doobs

Doobs New Member

yes tru that. I play as Synergist with funny characters. so i can see that may cause a prob.

3. Anoreth

Anoreth New Member

sigh,in my opinion, i dont see the need for a banlist, the n00bs are already well known on server and its not as if we have over 3,000 players on gosu server.
    The problem is that whos really teaching them how to play? Most of these noobs do not understand the foundation of the game (wc3 normals) and are not being mentored by gosu players e.g. icepik,se7en,at3r,toro,sold,ears,para,mg,jin,cancer and so on

4. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

hmmm @ them "gosu" players you call they... and you dont need to play wc3 normal to play dota good... that will just help one aspect of your gaming... but you can hold your own without it

5. soldier

soldier New Member

Is a damn good foundation.. Being able to micro 3 heros and 3 different groups of forces at the same time helps alot with yout dota microing skills... something some people just cannot do..

6. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

dota microin skills is totally different to wc3 microing skills... even tda said so... the only aspect of wc3 microing skills that come into play is when playin multiple units i.e. chen, enigma, hod etc... microin in dota is more for kills/denies, spell/item usage etc... again you dont need a wc3 foundation to be good @ dota... yes it well help you to become gosu but u dont need it to be good

7. soldier

soldier New Member

SO.. you don't have items in normal wc to use? huh ? The worst thing is to see a man with chen with centaurs and cyah use d fruiting tab button to switch units and stomp .. or with bear man.. Then again. it depends on how u play. If you good everything could be in a different group. Eg. bear man and his bear .. 1 & 2... it helps alot for harassing and when escaping :)

You don't jus born with this knowledge.. it comes from normal..

8. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

all i am saying is that u do not need to play normals to be good @ dota... u can learn dota by playing dota... just like any other game... playin wc3 will give u a edge... but u dont need it...

9. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Any more names for the list? I havn't been on local for quite sometime (tda ftw) please keep me abreast of any new newbs on the prowl.

10. soldier

soldier New Member

Why you on tda para? :rolleyes:

11. slickdre

slickdre Member

i would like you to add me to the list para

sLiKcDrE:good Support player

12. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

added you and blood_creed, cancer, slick and a few others to the list of 'safe players'

I am moving move players to the ban section to improve the quality of the games, if hosts wish they can disable the autokick to allow banlisted players. It is also recommended to do a manual /check on players that may have spoofed names. Slack for instance uses an i instead of the L to allude the list.

13. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

well @ anoreth and there statements
    ITS VERY NICE TO SEE that ppl still trying to be nice to men like slack etc ..
    but for me gg :D we want to face good games ..we dont want no lag or droppers or sellers in games we already get grey hair for over a year of this..
    i myslef use to be a lagger i mean i had 56k lol but i got dsl eventually and moved on..if you here for a goodwhile and still doing the same nonesense do you deserve to be on the server? sure it is a free priveledge for all trinigamers and friends to use but still come on ppl we tolerate most of your crap cause we think you will eventually get better ..so why not give us that mentality and learn to play.. alot of the more experienced palyers have done some shamefull stuff as well so no one is innocent in this lets just hope we can get a better resolve than having to go marshal law iwmc

so continue to add men to the banlist./ safelist ftw

14. Doobs

Doobs New Member

it possible for me to get on the safe list with my funny character 'synergist' name?? i have a normal character 'synergist' name...buh i really really like my funny character one.:rolleyes:

15. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

copy paste it

16. Blood_creed

Blood_creed New Member

Man Gone away and come back to here about banlist and thing.....!!!! it should improve the quality of games and hopefully... and better gaming society....plz note i drunk while typing this.....soo...

17. Ihsan

Ihsan New Member

I'm not really opposed to the idea of a banlist but a few points:

In every endeavor there will be great, bad and average. No rules or lists can change this. Basic statistical theory proves that unless there is 1 person alone on the server the skill levels is a bell curve and someone will suck (by comparison).

I know the channel used is called GOSU but there aren't enough people online at any time to fill more than 1 channel anyway. GOSU=Lobby.

What I think is that we need more players on the server. Banning members will not achieve this.

:mad: It is annoying when someone is SELLING YOUR GAME and not listening to good advice but remember this: IT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO LEARN HOW TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN YOUR TEAMMATES THAN TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY DOTA.:)

18. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

yay i get to quote myself :D

so ish is not once u sellin u does go on the blist :D but selling profusely and leaving games gets u on the blist... and frankly server does be a better place without those likes :D

19. slickdre

slickdre Member

true everone want a good 5v5 that an if certai player are not willin to put out that effort or dont know how to build up a hero an help your team win then is no sence to be in the match

20. scaR

scaR New Member

I think the focus should be on leavers, laggers and drops. Noobs we can live with and help out.

I see many peeps complaining about this Rko guy, this man seems to alt tab a lot and even lagged in a TD I hosted. He didn't drop though.