so....where is best place to buy games ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Venomlord, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Venomlord

Venomlord New Member

I usually go to Sheltech at Auzonville mall in Tunapuna. Trincity have horrible game stores, (frigging LAPTOP CITY is the worst place to buy anything)3/4 of the time the people don't even know what games they selling. Movietowne POS has a good game store, I forgot it's name. Anyone know any other good stores ?

2. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

For me it would be amazon and steam. Even with shipping + customs amazon goes come cheaper (if you have access to this of course) and amazon has pretty good deals like store credit as preorder bonuses and big discounts. I buy my console games from here.

Same with steam except it's PC only and the game come in a downloadable form. All you need is a CC and you pay less than TnT and even less than the Americans (since they pay a state sales tax on top of their purchases that we don't have to). Not to mention steam has some of the most insane deals/sales for those who are patient enough to wait for them. You can save alot of money as a PC gamer buy going with steam.

EDIT: Movietowne's game store is called Gamez Plus, it's a good store. Other than Sheltech in POS, JKentertainment and Gamez Plus I don't know of anywhere else in TnT.

3. Ragdac

Ragdac New Member

I believe it has a 2nd store in Trincity that sells games- 1st floor near the escalators by the new food court. Can't remember the name off hand and well... yeah what TaC_Up said amazon and steam if yuh have access to them.

4. Berzerk

Berzerk New Member

recently found this local site, good for consoles, not so much for pc. and they deliver straight to door. good deals on older games too.

http://www.cariszone.com/categories/movies-music-games/video-games-consoles.html

steam, direct to drive, ea store. only place i really buy games for pc

PS3/3ds/Wii is usually either amazon, games plus (movietowne), Raptor from trinituner, or trading with local gamers.

5. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

Games Plus, Sheltech and JK are the best local retail outlets.

Cariszone is the best local online retailer.

If you're in central JK is your best bet, they usually get games on release day or if not the day after.

6. Venomlord

Venomlord New Member

where in central is JK? Carizone rel wicked! Thank ya very much.

7. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

Opposite the Health Center in Montrose.

8. Raging Cascadoo

Raging Cascadoo New Member

I would say amazon is the best if your have access to online purchases. If you order a couple of games at the same time so they are consolidated and shipped together you wouldn't feel the tax and duties charge too much and most of the time you would still come out cheaper than making local purchases. And if you could wait a 2 weeks take the free shipping option to your skybox too. Heck, order the games together with some non taxable items and you just mite slip past customs without duty charges (happened to me a couple times).

Some items cariszone selling cheaper than you could ever bring it in for (especially the consoles) so check cariszone to compare prices.