Signature Help & Tutorials

Discussion in 'The Showcase' started by Ghost, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Ghost

Ghost New Member

This thread was made to help the young and upcoming artist with whatever graphic problems they may have we would try and solve it or teach the person how to get the desired effects the want to achieve !!

2. Tr!gG3r

Tr!gG3r New Member

3. b@st@rd

b@st@rd New Member

4. Ghost

Ghost New Member

5. Itachi

Itachi New Member

yeah @ dev art for brushes, i'm a n00b and dev art does gimme some nice brushes !!!

6. Tr!gG3r

Tr!gG3r New Member

ahhh chunks i need the tutorial to make a out of the border sig...thks...

7. CHUNKULUNKS

CHUNKULUNKS New Member

Sorry for the really late reply here but DOTA is really addictive.Anyway as for those who wanna know how the out of border sig is done its reall quite simple but for those who are experienced in PS they'd know there is always a second or even a third way to do things.So far i've learnt only one way to go about this and I have a feeling that it might be Bastard who'd know the second.Alright...

Always have ur stock ready and waiting already cut and especially cut well for this type of sig.If you dont it'll cause problems later that are extremely hard to fix.

Firstly create your canvas/Background(the white and grey block background) as invisible instead of the usual white or whatever you have it set as.For those who dont know how to set it as clear/invisible its when your typing in the dimensions for the size of sig you'd want to make.Just below that on the same window for dimensions they as what type of background you wish for.Open the drop out menu and select clear/invisible or whatever they may have it labelled as.
    but before clicking to create the desired background(BG) check the size or ur stock.Stocks for these types of sigs are suually larger and more detailed than others.When you get the size of ur stock pic type in the dimensions for your canvas with more height than the stock actually is. eg. I have a stock of 500 pixles and 400 pixles wide (you may measure dimensions in another scale other than pixles).But if the stock is 500x400 leave the width of the canvas as is a but the HEIGHT ALONE increased so the approximated canvas size should be around 800x400.This is for more space above the stock and not on the sides.Unless the stock is smaller in the width then adjust the canvas accordingly but bear in mind the end result.
    Secondly after making the canvas go on the left tool menu and select the box tool.It should be the absoloute first button on the tool menu.After clicking it create a rectangular box at the very base of the invisible canvas.This box should take up the entire width and the reasonable size of the sig you'd like to make.This box will basically becom your working area and the bg for you sig.The rest of the sig above will of course be invisible with the stock extending upward out of the box you've just created.From there on all adjustments,brushes,renders will be done within that designated box.
    Place your stock in wherevere you see fit and from there you have your out of border sig.

I hope this helps.If any more questions feel free to ask.Again I apologize for the late response.