Pimp Your Case

Discussion in 'Mods, Guides & Overclocking' started by bushman, Dec 16, 2005.

1. bushman

bushman New Member

Ok after doing this for maby few months id like to offer my service to any 1 who needs cosmetic work done to a computer case.

LIST OF MODS:

Creating Fan mount holes/ Extending fan mount holes from 80mm rite up to 120MM on any METAL area of case.

Engraving of simple graphics and simple writing on any METAL surface

Dust proofing of case

Automotive paint job.

Case lighting led's/window lasers/strobes/

I dont go plastic work nor fiberglass adding case windows will require buying a kit whihc i can install but thats it.

Cable job. eg hide alot lf your cables to improve air flow. convert wide ide cables to thin ide cables.

Cost: FREE labour + cost of materials eg to cut maby 3 holes and a side window dullen a few edges wil require 1 fiberglass blade which cost like 60 bucks for a pack of 4.

2. Hidden

Hidden New Member

Talk about a free service ;) Thanks bushy

3. CRaZYMoFo

CRaZYMoFo New Member

damn i was hoping to see some pics an ting

couple of pplz and myself decided a few months ago to organise a modding crew sometime soon :)

glad to see we not be the only onez :D

4. bushman

bushman New Member

well im not a pro so cant really charge any 1. is only 2 month ago i bought tools eg 40k rpm dremel buncha attachments. the painting is a link i have in a car company. so he doin the painting on the down low.

if paradoxx will sticky this ill post pictures ect

5. bushman

bushman New Member

modding crew is cool. i have access to circular bandsaws and spot welders

6. 4ndr050v1c

4ndr050v1c New Member

well bush,me n crazy were organisin sumting...who knows maybe we can link up next yr.

7. opium

opium New Member

yeah i go make it a sticky
    but i tink we should get para to do it

is nice to have a modding crew in trinidad to run some showcasing

8. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Nice idea, topic is pinned, make sure and post pics of cases you fixed up.

9. 4ndr050v1c

4ndr050v1c New Member

*ahem*
    well this was my first case mod,didnt come out how i wanted it to but it still came out ok.This is a dell dimension my parents got,and since im not a dell fan,i therefore found my first victim..er.project. :)

Materials used:
    Dremel
    About 2 discs
    Automotive vinyl
    A cd case (for the window)
    CCFL Cold cathode blue lights

Pics in timely order:

[​IMG]
    The scratches on it there was a result of me being idle with the grinder,lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

T'is all for now,next project might be modding my own case a bit more.Anyway peace :kakashi4:

10. virusone

virusone New Member

ploy ploy dawg... nice 2 C someone has the cahounas to really mod (stick it to) a dell case... ppl all over the world afraid mike might jump on em.... nice job hoss really nice

11. mojo

mojo New Member

nice mod there andro. good job.

Here's what i need. I use a dfi LP UT Nf4 ultra-d board. My memory requires active air cooling (recommended by manufacturer) I dont need the cooling unless i overclcok the memory. I was thinnking about maybe mounting 2 80mm fans directly on top of the memory. My CPU cooler is quite large, so there is no room for a 120mm fan. The mount could use the screw holes at the top of the board. lemme see what u guys can come up with.

here's what the board looks like.
    [​IMG]

here's a pic of what they did at Anandtech when they tested the DIMMS.

[​IMG][/b][/color]

12. 4ndr050v1c

4ndr050v1c New Member

I had a dream! that i wud get up this morning..and mod! and so i did :)
    Installed a 120mm blowhole and fixed the 80mm "grill" at the back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(part 1 of 2)

13. 4ndr050v1c

4ndr050v1c New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

had to use ties on the rear 80mm cuz i fcuked up teh screws

(part 2 of 2)

14. CRaZYMoFo

CRaZYMoFo New Member

good stuff andro :)
    will be joining you once my stuff gets a lil older lol

mofo you cuda hit me a msg, didnt know u needed some advice on that.

here is what i did some time ago. my setup has changed a bit. im now using the stock fan from my x2 3800+ instead. Present cable management is also much better. this is an old pic from when i just got the system up and running. serves its purpose here to help mojo though ;)
    They are just zip tied to the top of the big typhoon :D
    [​IMG]

15. mojo

mojo New Member

props to andro with 2 modds for the weekend. I might check yuh when i buy a new case.

I think i go try that out crazy and let u know how it goes.

16. Hidden

Hidden New Member

Cut them toe nails andro.

17. bushman

bushman New Member

thise 2 fans over your memory make no sence.
    all your doing is sucking hot air from your cpu onto your ram, pointless.

18. mojo

mojo New Member

if teh cpu is at 33 degrees, that means that the air around the cpu is either equal or less. (First Law of Thermodynamics). I would say that that blistering hot air @ 33 deg is not so bad when considering teh memory temp is getting quite high.

19. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Nice to see andro took the plunge and did a very nice mod. I like what you did with the dell :)

20. bushman

bushman New Member

so if the cpu and the air around it is 33 thne how does blowing the same temperature air make any sence ? the point of AIR cooling is to introduce air of lower temperature onto the parts your trying to cool.

also the air thats being dispersed by the cpu can never be the same te,perature as the surrounding air unless your using phase change cooling. wat your doing is recycling air in your case which infact can do more harm than good.

2nd observation is your 120mm exhaust fan thats rite their is drawing maby 50cfm ? so basically your fans their are just spinning and not really delivering any air onto your ram.

so dont gotta take my advice but thsoe 2 fans are a waste of time like i said before. hpwever if u would liek to try to cool your ram with air u can mount them in a different way.