Paradyne 6211-I1 router: all u need to know

Discussion in 'Mods, Guides & Overclocking' started by mojo, Aug 19, 2006.

1. mojo

mojo New Member

The Paradyne 6211-I1 is the new adsl router being distributed to tstt HSIA customers. There are a few things to do before you can host games using this router.

First of all the firmware that the router is shipped with is buggy, and i recommend that you upgrade to version 6211-I1_R020614_AnnexA which is available for download at: http://www.zhone.com/support/downloads/cpe/6211-I1/6211-I1_R020614_AnnexA.zip

This step is not necessary, but ensures that your router does not stop responding while you are configuring it.
    to upgrade your firmware:

1. Use your web-browser to enter the router's web interface via the LAN IP address. (usually 192.168.1.1 which is the default)

2. Enter the username admin and password admin unless u changed the admin password, in which case just enter what u changed it too.

3.Collapse the "Management Folder" to the left of the page and click "Update Software"

[​IMG]

4. Click Browse and locate the file from the extracted folder which you downloaded. Click the "Update Software" Button, and wait while your router reboots.

PORT FORWARDING

This router is capable of forwarding ports to multiple LAN IPs once the relevant entry is made in the "Port Triggering" table. Yes this router is quite gosu....

Here are the steps to forward port 6112 for warcraft 3 so that you can host games.

1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above.

2. Click "Advanced Setup" --> "NAT" --> "Port triggering" Then click the "ADD" button(see picture below). Your table might not be as populated as mine so not to worry.

[​IMG]

3.Click the "Custom Application" radio button, and then name it something like "warcraft". Then enter "6112" in all the port triggering boxes in the first row, and select TCP/UDP as protocol. It should look as follows:

[​IMG]

4. "Click Save/Apply" and you are done!!!

2. Pweffy

Pweffy New Member

Good job mojo!

3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel New Member

Yeah MOJO....good job dey...

(dunno wat u talking bout but good job all d same):confused:

4. crash

crash New Member

nah man fallen u ent knw? d man talkin bout port forwarding...
    anyways is about time we figured out how to port forward using this router..it reall sucked.....i sure nutz wud be so happy

5. scaR

scaR New Member

Can you host and play with peeps on your lan online with this router? A lot of players would be interested in that.

6. mojo

mojo New Member

yes of course...on LAN it was never a problem. And i can go on to say that is u use this router you can also host more than one online games from the LAN because it is not exactly port forwarding to one LAN IP, but rather port triggering.

This means any LAN IP which sends out a packet through the router on the port listed in the table will open up that port for communication between that LAN IP and internet IPs.

7. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

aye aye
    GJ mojojojojojo
    Just noticed the Post.

8. mojo

mojo New Member

oh yeah and i forget to mention the LAN haxxx

if more than one ppl on LAN want to play in de same game, i believe they have to use different game ports on each pc and enable triggering for all the ports used.

For convenience, a range can be used e.g. 6112-6119

9. Antics_

Antics_ New Member

good job peeps i must say... more gaming is possible now tanks u u peeps....

10. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Mojo I tried that technique using the speedstream without success, can you confirm that it works with the paradyne?

11. mojo

mojo New Member

actually, i haven't tried it with the paradyne router, but I see no reason why it shouldnt work.I did get it to work with the 1XEV-DO AccessTell AXW D800 and it did work using the port range 6112-6119, but it was actually redirecting each port to a specific LAN IP and on that LAN PC the game port must be set.Worked without any problems other than the gay latency...

12. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Hmm something worth testing.

13. warrior56

warrior56 New Member

eyyy i did that but i still getting trouble to host...... :(

14. Kornball

Kornball New Member

Hi. need help with this matter. when i update the firmware it keeps coming:

DSL Router Update

Fatal error during image uploading

whats wrong??? help lease

15. congoman

congoman New Member

Me need help!!

Congo no can play Mechwarrior 4 mecr. with new paradyne router. Me need to configure ports to be able to join game. plz help.
    Or me come to your home and eat you raw.
    Like the nice lady who spirt I trap in avatar.

16. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

MechWarrior 4:Vengeance1
    6073 TCP
    2302-2400 UDP
    27999 TCP
    28000 TCP
    28805-28808 TCP
    9999 TCP

Use the same technique as with warcraft but use these ports/protocols instead.

17. congoman

congoman New Member

Thanks Doxx

I got mail for spamming, so I guess i have to speak proper english or get Kicked out, sorry for that. Thanks for the help doxx. Hope I get through with it. Thanks alot.

18. Nobbie

Nobbie New Member

Please help a nobbie

Mojo and paradoxx please help me I want to play on the net but the router will not allow it how do i bypass it?

19. mojo

mojo New Member

hmmm.... nobbie did u call tstt and get your firewall deactivated from their end?

if so, try reading the first post in this thread and following the instructions if u want to play warcraft. If it is another game, post the details and we'll see how we can help u out.

20. Nobbie

Nobbie New Member

Mojo

I did call em and its down. I want to play URT 2004 and Mechwarrior4 mercenarys.....
    Please can you help me?