Nvidia's GTX680 -- Benchmarked!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scaR, Mar 22, 2012.

1. scaR

scaR New Member

2. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

Incoming price drop on the 7xxx line.

3. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

Anyone care to tell me what the point of this thread is ? All I see is links. No comments, quotes nothing.

4. scaR

scaR New Member

Finally got a chance to read through all those benchmarks. For the first time in a long time Nvidia has really impressed me with performance and efficiency. AMD is truly behind in this generation, their prices will definitely need to drop to compete with the GTX680's $500 USD price point.

5. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

great news for consumers!!!

6. ecktt

ecktt New Member

NV has product cycle have always been 90 degress out of phase with AMD which typically put them in the advantage in terms of performance since they get to see what AMD launches. How much of an advantage is questionable since a chip dev cycle has been reported to be 3-4years.

In terms of performance, NV has never really let AMD have the upper hand for more than a few months. This card is no exception. What surprised me here is the low power consumption. Also, this card has the beef to max out IQ on DX11 and still pull off PhysX. Driver support is another week point of AMD since Crossfire didn't have any +ve performance on it launch. NV nailed that. There a bunch of other nerdy stuff worth talking about but the 680 is cheaper and packs more punch for extreme gamers. It might be worth noting here that a SLi mother board cost more than a Crossfire. Also, SLi is practically limited to Intel setups.

Still looking for some video decoding IQ and performance results.

7. kayode

kayode Active Member

Waiting for the 660 or whatever more budget-friendly alternative to this they intend to release in the Kepler line.

8. kayode

kayode Active Member

9. scaR

scaR New Member

Didn't see that one coming. 690 oui.

Setting the bar even higher... and the price tag along with it.

10. Lord Gowron

Lord Gowron New Member

That price way out of budget for me, trying to build a new system but the way things looking like ya need 12g to build a super system :(

11. Dn2

Dn2 New Member