Julian Assange wanted by Interpol

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by scaR, Dec 1, 2010.

1. scaR

scaR New Member

Interesting how after posting thousands of war documents there was no action like this. Yet before he is expected to post revealing bank information likely during the financial crisis, an arrest warrant appears.

“It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume,â€

2. eddoes

eddoes New Member

Straight out of a suspense/espionage movie oui!!

3. scaR

scaR New Member

4. Dn2

Dn2 New Member

wow

5. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

update 2: It now turns out, he is accused of rape by authorities, within Sweden's definition of the case. According to this report, it is being alleged that Assange did not comply with her appeals to stop when (the condom) was no longer in use.]

That's rape under english law as well. As long as consent is withdrawn and the accused doesn't stop then it's rape.

6. scaR

scaR New Member

Some info from one of his lawyers.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIgcKC-b_FA"]YouTube - Julian Assange's lawyer on bullsh1t charges and Wikileaks (05Dec10)

7. ck

ck New Member

Source

8. DGF

DGF New Member

Wait.. Jason Borune didnt take this man out yet?
    Interpol sticking..

9. scaR

scaR New Member

Bail was denied.

Mastercard has stopped all transactions with Wikileaks due to "illegal activity". Of course no official criminal charges relating to Wikileaks have been filed anywhere. This is because they can't make it stick. If they fail they risk setting a precedent that may well protect Wikileaks and other similar operations in the future.

It's funny how revealing the criminal activity of those in power seem to have the opposite reaction.

10. sNo

sNo New Member

Paypal, Ebay and Amazon ahve all stopped doing business with WIkiLeaks and Julian Assange citing illegal activities.

I say we boycott all these arsewipes.
    I just had my 3 of my Paypal accounts closed. Time to stand up and fight.

11. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

Fight for what exactly? I not inconveniencing myself for some guy with an agenda that doesn't care one bit about me.

12. sNo

sNo New Member

Well this is actually about you and me and everybody that uses the internet to be honest. If they're allowed to censor him, then that will just get the ball a rolling.

In the end, the internet will become as censored as China.

13. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

That would be a probably if his website was censored rather than him being arrested on a rape charge. However one of the conspiracy theories is that the US is using this incident to gain support for censoring the internet.

14. kayode

kayode Active Member

Conspiracy theories?

TaC_Up, you'd do well to sit down and read a little more about this situation, yes....starting with the details of the rape charge. I tend to take the take the cynical road myself sometimes, but what's playing out here is much, much bigger than just censoring the internet.

This is one of those rare situations that spells out as plain as day what the order of things really is, and unsurprisingly, it's flying over many people's heads.

15. kayode

kayode Active Member

You can probably start here.

16. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

I disagree with there being something bigger than censoring the internet. All the released information is nothing big and the USA is currently reviewing a bill to censor websites off the internet permanently. This incident comes too conveniently for them and may rally a strong public backing for the cause.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...orship-bill-a-bunker-busting-cluster-bomb.ars

Corporations have a strong lobby in America and alot of ISPs and companies in general are pushing for internet censorship to prevent piracy. This incident just comes at too good a time for them. Everything is not as it seems tbh.

17. kayode

kayode Active Member

I glad yuh write that.

He facing questionable criminal charges, frozen finances and public calls for his assassination...because he released information that eh really nutten big.

The censorship of the internet is just one part of it, and not even the more striking part from where I'm standing. I'm more concerned with the thinly veiled collusion between politicians and the private sector, on an international scale, to destroy the life of someone who, as you pointed out, didn't even significantly threaten the status quo.

And again, this isn't about portraying Assange as some kinda hero or sending him money. It's just about sitting back and seeing how things work. I not sure you're aware of the negative connotations of the term "conspiracy theory", but they don't apply here.

18. scaR

scaR New Member

19. kayode

kayode Active Member

Well, it was.

20. scaR

scaR New Member

New York (CNN) -- Fourteen people have been arrested as part of an ongoing operation targeting the notorious hacking collective known as Anonymous, the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI said on Tuesday.

The individuals were arrested by FBI agents on charges related to their alleged involvement in a cyberattack on PayPal's website, which has been claimed by the Anonymous group.
    Five additional people were arrested in Europe and two more in the United States for alleged cybercrimes, the Justice Department said in a statement.

Of the additional U.S. arrests, one person is accused of exceeding his authorized access to AT&T's servers and downloading thousands of documents, applications and other files that he allegedly posted on a public file hosting site.

The other was arrested on charges of intentional damage to a protected computer. He is accused of accessing without authorization the website of the Tampa Bay InfraGard, a public-private partnership for critical infrastructure protection.

The U.S. arrests took place in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico and Ohio.

A 16-year-old suspect was arrested in South London, the Metropolitan Police said. Four more people were arrested by the Dutch National Police Agency, according to the U.S. Justice Department, but it was not immediately clear where.

In the past, Anonymous has launched attacks on websites belonging to the Church of Scientology, the Motion Picture Association of America and the Recording Industry Association of America.

However, the hacker collective vaulted to worldwide fame in December, when it disabled or disrupted the websites of MasterCard, Visa and PayPal in what the group said was retaliation for the companies' cutting ties to the WikiLeaks website following the arrest of Julian Assange.

[ source : http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/19/new.york.anonymous.warrants/index.html?npt=NP1 ]