i7 Rig - LCS

Discussion in 'Mods, Guides & Overclocking' started by phoenix31tt, Jun 15, 2011.

1. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

OK guys

my first foray into liquid cooling.

Parts:

i7 920 /w Swiftech block
    evga x58 classified /w Koolance block
    Sapphire HD5970 /w Koolance block
    12GB Ozc reaper
    XSPC RX360 radiator
    Koolance 452x2 reservoir
    Swiftech mp655 pump
    Coolermaster HAF X

Loving the Haf X case even though i had to mod it to run my tubes the way i did.

neways enough talking on to the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the benchmark:

4.2Ghz /w HT

[​IMG]

temps idle around 55-60C, which i've heard is ok but i would rather lower temps for daily use... so i'll run @ 4.0Ghz /w HT for everyday use to get temps sub 50

2. kriminal

kriminal New Member

yeah 55-60 is kinda on the hot side to me, however you have your gpu and cpu in the same loop, so i guess that temp is understandable.

all in all awesome set up

3. sNo

sNo New Member

BOOOOOMMMMMM, lookin be................wait a minute.......<_<
    lose stripes for that AMD card........

4. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

lol man say loose stripes for amd card yes...

@ krim.. yea its a single loop but it split Y (gpu + mobo block, cpu single), i know ppl with dual loops that run @ 50-60 (@ 4.3).. so i'm not to worried...

right now i'm @ 4.0Ghz /w HT with idle 49-55c

5. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

(smeagle voice) .
    precious precious nice set up man.

6. soldier

soldier New Member

*****zz*

7. scaR

scaR New Member

Very nice. Squeeze type hose clips are scary to me. Did you consider using clear tubing and that fluorescence coolant liquid?

lulz @ minus for AMD.

Last I checked, AMD is more efficient and more stable than Nvidia's offerings. I waiting to pounce on a 6870 when the price is right.

8. the_steph

the_steph New Member

Very nice dude - like the clean look!

9. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

@ scar... the coolant is fluorescent so leaks would be easy to see... and i didnt consider the clear tubing cuz i kinda wanted the tubing to match the case (which has the red LED fans)...

10. ecktt

ecktt New Member

My 2¢

Looks good. Temps are about right. Looks like you squeezed the tubing behind the mobo tray. I don't think that is good for flow rates and might lead to premature failure. Given the money probably spent, I'd consider a second 120mm radiator on the rear thermal exhaust port (unless you're afraid of X-wings) to break the loop between the CPU and GPU. I happen to have seen Paradoxxx's set-up with that. You might want to hit him a PM to find out the temperature deltas. If its anything like radiators and inter-coolers, expect significant temp deltas.

11. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

@ ecktt... i cut of about 1.5 inches from the mobo tray to prevent squeezing or kinking so no worries there. i also have a second identical system with the loops ran in a different configuration (no tubing behind the mobo tray, all in front) and flows/temps are the same

this rad could more than handle what i'm throwing at it right now,
    i was thinking to add the extra 120mm rad before the build, i also considered running dual loops but after doing the number crunching i thought neither was necessary at this point.

Depending on what upgrades i do next will determine if i'm going to dual loop or even add another rad, but for right now everything is good, good recommendations doh, and yea i see para thread... best system indeed :)