Heroes of Newerth -- Game Tags

Discussion in 'Computer Gaming' started by Doobs, Jul 18, 2009.

1. scaR

scaR New Member

Man say that as if DOTA 2 came out already oui. LOL!

2. rees69

rees69 New Member

Well HoN isn't bad, but its more or less a straight dota clone, not original. I mean LoL is more widely accepted and played internationally. i mean it too is a dota clone, but still it has more originality in design and gameplay than HoN, plus its more fun, and caters to a wider variety of players from casual to hardcore. Also the community isnt as stuck up like in HoN (but still bad imo)

3. archvile

archvile Active Member

Again, someone else with the whole 'dota clone' and it not 'original'. Allyuh even know what the original was? I sure the majority ah allyuh never even see DotA 4.86 lol.

As for your opinion concerning LoL as compared to HoN, even if for some reason it is true what you said concerning design and gameplay etc, its YOUR opinion. Your opinion and that of the people who choose LoL. You can't tell someone who likes HoN that its inferior because its his/her decision to play that over LoL.

Lemme give you an example -
    I may not be as competitive as some HoN players, but there are certain things that make me prefer HoN to LoL. Something as simple as being able to deny, or have tp scrolls etc appeal to me more. That and the fact that generally i hate cell shaded or cell shaded looking games.
    At the end of the day you might disagree at everything i just said or can say, but its still my opinion.
    In the world of gaming, when there are competing games of a genre, everyone has his/her preference - there isn't any right or wrong.

(yes that even includes the die hards who still on wood pcs and afraid of change lol)

4. rees69

rees69 New Member

Did you read my post or u just angry.
    I was stating my opinion. I am not impressing upon anybody to stop playing HoN cuz its bad, only play LoL like u are thinking i am saying. I do play HoN as well as LoL, and in fact i like HoN for the same reasons you do, mainly the deny mechanic, which they removed from LoL when they intereferd with GP.
    And be honest with yourself, a lot of players internationally agree, HoN is more a clone of DoTA than LoL (both are). And btw have you ever played DoTA allstars version 1.0, or hell regular dota 0.95? When dota had no modes, no or limited scriptings? I think not. this was when DoTa wasn't Dota, not until patch 5.8 something cant remember.
    Peace

5. archvile

archvile Active Member

Dude, nobody angry, lol.
    I was referring more to the general group of ppl who say what i referred to, than just abt u man. I did say, it was all about opinions didn't I? Nobody is right or wrong, and they are entitled to choose which game is theirs. In reference to you, its your statement, initially asking who plays HoN anymore, and saying LoL is more fun. That's your opinion and although you're entitled to it, others will be different :p

Doh worry nobody get vex or u didnt do the forbidden and speak against the almighty HoN in front of HoN-ites lolol. its all good criticism.

I was also saying, so what if its a clone? I agree its closer to dota because LoL has skill talent trees like WoW, but doesn't make clones bad. Something has to start a trend, and thats what Aeon of Strife, dota etc did.

And no way dude, i not that old hahah, i played some of the starcraft stuff back when starcraft was somewhat my only 'pyung' game, till wc3 and then the TFT. Back when we had the PVPGN server here, thats when a lot of us started on dota i guess.

That would be during the 4.xx series, when DotA Allstars was the main one at the time, the riki with the chaos ward, the silencer with the infernals, ah yes.

I stopped somewhere right when batrider came out i think.
    Where u started?

btw we spam the wrong thread >_< lol

6. rees69

rees69 New Member

I used to download some of the maps people used to make from 0.9, it wasnt until like patch 4 or 5, that the whole lan thing started to take shape.
    cant wait for dota 2

7. kriminal

kriminal New Member

played LoL a couple times hated the seemingly slow gameplay and cartoony graphics, continued on playing HoN

8. XMasterX17

XMasterX17 New Member

HoN ID: XMasterX17