FS: Videocard & 4GB DDR3 Ram

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Paradoxxx, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Hey Everyone,

I rebuilt my HTPC and consequentially have some spare parts on my hands.

Below are product summaries as well as actual images of the products.

ATi 4770 Videocard - TT$300.00 - SOLD
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00280 ... 00_s00_i00

First up for grabs is a used ATi 4770, the item was used in the HTPC for about 2 years. It received minimal use and is fully functional. The item was replaced with a lower powered alternative with native HDMI out. The item on display uses an adapter for HDMI out which is provided but inadvertently not shown in the product image.

[​IMG]

4GB DDR3 Corsair - TT$225.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance ... rsair+ddr3

Next up, is a brand new, never used 4GB stick of DDR3 RAM. The item was purchased as a pair but due to use of an aftermarket cooler, one of the two RAM slots on the motherboard is now obstructed.

[​IMG]

On another note, I like the new look of the site, great job TG.

2. scaR

scaR New Member

Thanks for the compliment :) It means a lot.

This was a lot of hard work by all those involved.

What are the specs on the new HTPC?

3. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

It's well deserved, many can come up with great ideas but to work towards making that idea a reality takes lots of effort. I like the look, some sections look old school and some sections look contemporary, great blend.

I was forced to upgrade due to a motherboard failure on the original HTPC, I tried to retain as many parts as possible but... as with most enthusiasts I ended up changing out most of the parts :) The original board used DDR2, fortunately I got that sold already, the buyer was very pleased.

The specifications are

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD
    ATi 6450
    4GB Corsair DDR3
    Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2
    All wrapped up in a SilverStone LC10B-E Aluminum/Steel ATX Media Center/HTPC Case

I just couldn't part with the CPU and after market cooler, what can I say the PC runs silent, power util could drop a bit more but I'm not nit picking.

4. Larutus

Larutus New Member

Is that ram still available?

5. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Yes it is.

6. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Videocard sold.

7. scaR

scaR New Member

Overkill on the HTPC I must say.

The Acer Revo I'm using is still holding out, even though the optical audio port died. I think my nephew had something to do with that. Still got the HDMI as backup. Waiting to see if that Ouya device comes to market before I look to upgrade.

8. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Definite overkill but hey... I'm sure to run all those 1080p mkv movies... right?

I envisage that eventually TV's will come with many HTPC capabilities as standard. I've already noticed that some former 'Smart TV' features are making their way down to the non-premium models. I use the term non-premium loosely.

On the topic of the site again... History lesson, did you know that first forum used by TG was phpBB based? It has evolved much since then.