Dota 2 Goes Free To Play

Discussion in 'Computer Gaming' started by groff[MFK]©, Jun 3, 2012.

1. groff[MFK]©

groff[MFK]© Active Member

2. saGa

saGa Active Member

still not sure if this was the best move for valve to take on Dota 2
    but i know many people who dint get in the beta are glad to hear this.

3. groff[MFK]©

groff[MFK]© Active Member

saGa to be honest they had no other moves ... They take to long to release the game so who say freeness lolz ...

4. scaR

scaR New Member

For sure Trinis just want to hear FREE to jump on something. So there will be that mad rush at the start. I really want to see innovations that will make the old school pros return to playing DOTA 2 full time. Perhaps in another year after release.

5. saGa

saGa Active Member

@ groff i wouldn't say they took to long to release it i would say OPEN BETA should have started a looooooooooong time now that way they could have gotten feedback on if they really need to make it F2P or there was a profit to be gained. WE STILL WAITING ON THE OB lol

@scar Dota 1 for me was epic and made me the dota player i am today so i myself would like to see old school stuff implemented into the game to keep its original flavor and also to bring back Dota aka Garena's Hardest Hard :p

6. Dn2

Dn2 New Member

kinda had to go f2p imo...to many free alternative options that rel popular.

7. Lord Gowron

Lord Gowron New Member

Well all we need now is for wow to be totally free and that be the last of the mohicans. Hmmm am i even gonna try this over LOL hmmm decisions decisions :confused:

8. Kokujin

Kokujin New Member

if they go f2p....would online matches have the same rewards as they do now??

9. Doobs

Doobs New Member

i will stick to mih good ole HoN. really not interested in this move. Dota dead for me even after playing since 2003

10. vEsHaM

vEsHaM New Member

sorry for bumping an old thread but I wanted to add my 2cents

F2P with microtransactions is the new age of online games and Valve made the best choice IMO by going this route... LoL vs HoN can attest to the fact that Free-to-Play is a major determinant in gettin users and then they WILL pay to put shiney stuff on their characters!
    I have seen MANY of the 32USD(the price of a full effin game!!!! :shock: ) Lina skin packs and other costumes in games so there is a market for these things... hell, even I (despite bein a cheap mc) shelled out for a few keys to unlock chests! lol :oops: