bmobile new MyLime deal spurs revolt?

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by scaR, Jul 2, 2010.

1. scaR

scaR New Member

I've heard people complaining about it. I've seen the statuses on Facebook. Turns out the new bmobile MyLime is making many consider Digicel Circle.

Anyone out there affected by this?

2. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

people just too damn cheap.

3. Paradoxxx

Paradoxxx New Member

Could someone explain what is the issue?

4. scaR

scaR New Member

I'm not sure how it used to be but now they charge you for one minute every couple hours. The uproar is that one minute is billed at far above the normal rate.

Basically, pay double price for one pizza and get a second pizza free!

5. soldier

soldier New Member

Agreed

6. Geese

EDIT - Actual Info from TSTT Website

7. boxy

boxy New Member

pretty much before the change, u could have no money on ur phoone and call ppl on ur lime after 10..
    now you have to have money on ur phone for atleast the 1st minute..aka...ppl real cheap

8. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

agreed @ people real cheap.. my word...

i coulda swear the change was some drastic thing they way ppl getin on yes

9. eddoes

eddoes New Member

I tink they reacting more to the having to pay for texts. It used to be free text i think. Either way, ppl are being rell rell cheap.

10. Kukka

Kukka New Member

Damn I never used My Lime oui but yea.. ppl too damn cheap

11. Dn2

Dn2 New Member

a lil annoying...but i don't think ppl cheap..well some of them are but i would like to think customers have a right to make themselves heard if their service provider for whatever make changes to things that affect them..even it that thing was a free service

sad part is that its a fad. and ppl should do it more with other things/areas

12. kriminal

kriminal New Member

this...

if allyuh okay with taking shaft from allyuh service providers on the basis that its the consumer being "cheap" then something wrong with allyuh.

i not on b mobile plan but i for sure wouldnt like it if my SP would "try ah thing" to make more money from me just so. its not about the money its the principle.

imagine an item costs 99 dollars and you give the cashier 100 dollars for it and she eh give you yuh dollar back because its "small money" ent you go make a scene for yuh dollar because yuh figure she robbing yuh? or you go say .. aight thaz small ting its only ah dollar i gone they..:rolleyes:

13. Geese

In case you didn't realize from the get go, MyLime has always been a promotion that was gonna be for a limited time and they kept extending it. Notice all the flyers and add would say extended til X date.

They could have just ended the promotion but they didn't. They changed the rules, you paying for 1 minute and getting a extra 59 mins in return. I don't see how this is shaft.

If them scrubs wanna complain they free to they also free to switch providers, most people I see complaining is kiddies.

Thats a poor comparison also.

14. Larutus

Larutus New Member

apples and oranges Krim.

Look at it like this, if you planned on speaking on your phone for 6 hours a night @ no charge, and are now told you need to pay for 6 minutes in order to get the 6 hours free.. is that really a shaft?

And though i am sure some will try to justify it.. why would you want to spend all night talking on your phone?

15. Dn2

Dn2 New Member

i think the principles are similar...well at least maybe in the same family or something(apples and oranges both fruit :) lol)...whether they be kids or not...(tho reallly annoying they are )

16. vinion2000

vinion2000 New Member

like the masses say "fyah bun my lime". look yes to many it look like ppl being cheap.....but.....is it? how many of us use prepaid? these are the rates (vat exclusive)

Bmobile Prepaid Rates

Day Evening Weekend
    Standard $1.30 $0.65 $0.50

this is VAT exclusive so you basically looking at $1.75 in the morning, $0.75 at night and $0.60 on weekend. that means that in the morning if you have to make some calls on a $20 credit, it gone in 11mins. bmobile prepaid is more expensive than digicel if the bulk of your calls are before 6pm (which often they are).

Digicel Prepaid
    Day Evening Weekend
    To Digicel $1.15 $0.85 $0.55
    To Fixed lines (Flow, TSTT) $1.25 $0.95 $0.65
    To other mobile $1.60 $1.50 $1.40

frankly more customers would have digicel......but....most live with bmobile higher daytime rates because of my lime. promotional or not Bmobile knew its my lime was its winning deal. it was a win win. charging for my lime now makes bmobile less attractive. sure its just $0.75 an hour but its the principle. i cant blaim ppl for leaving and personally i dont use it even if i have money on my phone.