All time best games top ten list.

Discussion in 'Console Couch' started by camrachI, Nov 21, 2006.

1. camrachI

camrachI New Member

The game ranking is out, and this is the top ten list according to an average of all ratings for the given games worked to an average by many sources and reviews. You can see the list here.

1. The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Average Score: 97.7 (N64)

2. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Average Score: 96.5 (GCN/Wii)

3. Soul Calibur. Average Score: 96.4 (DC)

4. Metroid Prime. Average Score: 96.3 (GCN)

5. Tekken 3. Average Score: 96.0 (PS)

6. Resident Evil 4. Average Score: 95.9 (GCN)

7. Super Mario 64. Average Score: 95.8 (N64)

8. Golden Eye 007. Average Score: 95.8 (N64)

9. Halo: CE. Average Score: 95.7 (Xbox)

10. Half Life 2. Average Score: 95.6 (PC)

Funny enough 6 of the 10 titles are Nintendo related. It's no suprise the top two on the list, having played Ocarina of time many, many times over I do hold it in personal regard as the single greatest video game ever made in the history of the industry. I personally have played all titles on the list, and I don't think I can argue with it except the low rating of Half Life 2 which I respect as the greatest FPS ever made. I would put that as #6 and move everything else down to suit.

2. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

i say drop down re4... but they always hit the mark with zelda...
    i to played it many times and personally hold it as the Greatest title in gaming... period

the resoun 6-10 is nintendo... cuz developer for nintendo bring quality... nintendo themselves bring quality... arent most of these games partly developed by nintendo as well?

3. Larutus

Larutus New Member

i would place HL2 at number 5 instead.

soul Calibur 2 was available forthe DC?

4. 4ndr050v1c

4ndr050v1c New Member

it was out for game cube

5. camrachI

camrachI New Member

"SC II" was my error when typing. I typed Soul Calibur II so many damn times, force of habit I guess. I corrected it, good catch Larry.

6. doomtack

doomtack New Member

have to agree wit d res ah ya'll, ocarina of time deserves it... i always thought so atleast.
    half life 2 should be #4 in my opinion... t'was a damn good game, an run really good on sub-par pcs, from experience.

as for d golden eye 007... bak wen i played dat game it was BAD! so it deserves its place dere too

7. Larutus

Larutus New Member

i am kinda surprised that Warcraft 3 and Knights Of The Old Republic not in the top ten, more so the WC3

8. mojo

mojo New Member

My personal favourite was Alice (in Wonderland) by EA Games. Forgive me for taking us back a whole decade, but Alice was the most immersive rpg I ever played.

9. camrachI

camrachI New Member

There are a lot of games I expected to see in there, simply because of the hype that followed it, but they just didn't make the list because of a low rating average. I really did not expect to see Metroid on the list simply because it was a lowly acknowledged game, but having played it, I can't say I argue with it being on the list. I was shocked when it beat Ninja Gaiden (xbox) for game with best graphics. I think that's another one I can't really call, but you gotta go with the majority.

10. seven

seven New Member

Halo need more years man...but lawd zelda muss win..i still playing ocarina of time...that game wins...but HALO/HALO2 is the best FPS i ever play

fighting - tekken 4 wins
    fps - HALO
    adeventure - cah beat zelda..not even mc WOW could beat zelda<----hopes WOW doh come out on XBOX live..sighs

11. bill

bill New Member

i find link to the past was better but i think that zelda on the hold should not be there.and also in my opinion those games have a large fan base and nintendo fan boyz rule all polls.i am shocked pokemon for 64 not there.let me guess allyuh think dante is a dread character?
    w8 that can't be soul calibur that game so cheap and shitty namco sucks at balenced fighting game i am shocked sf not there or even mk or quake...or ut all those games ppl normally play offtain.

12. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

because people play the games often that eh mean it is the best... ummm PLLENNTTTYY people play solitaire etc lol... and bejeweled but u will never see that on a list right... have you ever played out ocarina to the end?

Reasons why this game is number 1:

-Great graphics
    -great sotry
    -exceptional gameplay
    -dynamics (time travel etc... u hadda do stuff as a boy before u can complete quest as a man etc)
    -music omg the first game i could listen to the tracks out of the game... i have zelda ringtone lol...
    -side quests and all are great
    -the game is lifelong i could still go back now and run zelda... ON A N64... that is game

p.s. i am by no means a nintendoy fan boy... i runnin ps2 rite now... but just because of zelda i want a wii lol.. thats the kind of impact zelda does have on people who aprreciate great development

13. camrachI

camrachI New Member

lol. Your entire post = "I AM IGNORANT!"

1. this is not a poll. This is a score made up of all the reviews the games got from independent reviews.

2. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is regarded as the best videogame ever made by many, many, many sources. I doubt there are that many fanboys on the planet. "Six million French men can't be wrong."

3. "in my opinion those games have a large fan base and nintendo fan boyz rule all polls." <-- erm... what? A poll is a poll, where do you get "nintendo fan boyz rule all polls"? I have never once seen any poll that was restricted to Nintendo fans alone. Never seen any poll where the criteria was that you must be a Nintendo fan primarily. I don't know what magazines or internet sites you visit that you see something that silly. Or maybe it is that only Nintendo fans vote in polls. Is there an actual test that proves such? I don't know, just asking.

4. "i am shocked pokemon for 64 not there." <--- this statement directly contradicts "nintendo fan boyz rule all polls." <- If such a statement were true, the best selling Pokemon (every color and precious stone) would have been on the list. Most likely more than once as well.

5. "let me guess allyuh think dante is a dread character?" <-- IF you, sir are referring to Dante as in the character from the best selling series Devil May Cry for the SONY Playstation 2 then I'm confused, because you first say "nintendo fan boyz rule all polls", then follow with a sarcastic remark about Dante being a popular character. Another direct contradiction. But I could have misinterpretted it, for all I know you could be referring to Dante from some Nintendo game I've never heard of.

6. w8 that can't be soul calibur that game so cheap and shitty namco sucks at balenced fighting game i am shocked sf not there or even mk or quake...or ut all those games ppl normally play offtain <-- because I already addressed the issue of the nature of the poll in my first bullet, I will ignore this second instance of your overwhelming ignorance and try to do the same for your disgusting lack of comprehension or respect for the English language. But I digress, If you knew anything about fighting games I'm sure you'd be most aware of the worldwide respect for the layout of the grade of fighting games, the two most respected fighting games are Virtua Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur/SC II.

But anyways... what do I know? I'm just cammiE. =\

14. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

A MAN SAY SOUL CALIBUR 1 WAS IMBALANCED waye sah
    that one had me laughin for hours

15. camrachI

camrachI New Member

Forgive him, Kaizen, he knows not what he says.

16. Larutus

Larutus New Member

i miss the days when the n00bs kept quiet, lol @ poll comment.

don't you just hate when people ignore the conveniently placed link and reply in an ignorant state of mind?

17. mojo

mojo New Member

i did notice that this is in the console section, yet half life 2 is in there at #10. Are these supposed best games of all time or best console games of all time?

18. camrachI

camrachI New Member

Best games of all time for console and PC. Arcade titles aren't in there because ... well no one rate arcade games. lol.

19. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

Soul Calibur 1 wasn't balanced, but it was well near it. Soul Calibur 2 was even closer. Somehow they effed up SCIII...

LOL @ SF & MK, while I am at heart a sf player I hadda laugh @ that comment. No SF game has been balanced NONE, NIL, NADA. 3rd Strike came closest to it, and the EX series while not my fav were fairly balanced out as time passed. All Street Fighter games had concrete tiers these are pretty much set in stone. EG Ryu is the top character in SF2 Turbo hands down. Yun/Ken/Chun Li are top in 3rd Strike, V Akuma/ V Ryu/A Dhalsim/V Zangief are top in Alpha 3, Chun Li/Ken are top in Alpha 2, Guy is downright BROKEN (or IMBA) in Alpha 1.

Seriously, Mortal Kombat and balance in the same sentence is as ridiculous as the thought of Brooklyn Brawler pinning Hulk Hogan in his prime. No MK game has been remotely balanced except probably MKII. Check combovideos.com for vids and see why, MK games are retarded (but some are fun).

Seriously if you're looking for balance in a 2-D fighter GET YO ASS AND PLAY GUILTY GEAR. Nothing has come closer to balance in the 2 world more than Guilty Gear, you'd have to be dumb to dispute this claim anyways.

Oh and don't mention any VS games either MVC1 & 2 + Xmen VS SF were also retardly broken..

20. mojo

mojo New Member

i disagree with guy being broken in alpha 1 only, he was clearly broken in alpha 2 as well. They nerfed him lots in alpha 3. Alpha 2 saw a slight nerf in damage but the imba combos still worked.

MK 4 also came close to being balanced like MK2 (Basically because of similar gameplay ported to a 3d environment + combos. However, damage in MK4 was just too crazy. It was hella fun, but never became competitive. In the end(after all the patches), MK4 was still more broken than MK2, but still playable.

Soul Calibur.... what can i say. A game without a complex fighting system is really hard to f**k up (much like MK2).

Ryu hits too hard in all SF games i ever played. Anyone who says ryu is too slow is a noob. However, in SF 2 Turbo, it is quite easy to pick counter characters for any player rendering them sitting ducks. My counter for ryu is Dhalsim.

Guilty Gear, I cant argue with that at all. With every new installation of the game, it just keeps getting better and better with respect to balance.