Torchlight 2 (Official Thread).

Discussion in 'Computer Gaming' started by kaizen, Sep 13, 2012.

1. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

[​IMG]

Torchlight 1 was definitely a sleeper hit for all of us, but the lack of multiplayer left a lot to be desired, have no fear torchlight 2 is here and it's bigger,better and um.. LOOTIER?!.with multiplayer of course :D info below!.

First off the intro!.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH_sGQRSpzo

Pets!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CZX80TeZv4&list=UUK-YQcfcEhRp8wD1QRaNYsg&index=7&feature=plcp

Torchlight II is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by Runic Games. It is the sequel to Runic's 2009 ARPG, Torchlight, and features peer-to-peer multiplayer support and extended modding capabilities. Current expected release date is September 20, 2012.

New Features.
    Cooperative play is here! You can now play Torchlight with up to 6 players in a single game. Don’t worry about annoying restrictions, Runic have even stated that the player limit is removable with mods. Players can freely trade, PVP as well.
    Character customisation is also a welcome new addition. Aside from anything else it means that people who only roll girls in RPGs aren’t stuck with a single class this time around.
    Torchlight II no longer takes place in a single gigantic dungeon which inexplicably keeps going deeper. Instead the game features a large open overworld which is randomised at the beginning of a new game. This overworld has a functioning day/night cycle and is littered with random events and dungeons for players to sink their axes into.

There are 4 new playable characters and you can make them in both male and female variations.
    The Outlander
    [​IMG]
    A wandering nomad who uses ranged weapons and low magic.

The Engineer.
    [​IMG]
    A heavy melee fighter who uses ember-powered steampunk technology.

The Berserker.
    [​IMG]
    The Berserker uses quick attacks and animal-themed special powers.

The Embermage.
    [​IMG]
    A highly trained spell-casting class with elemental attacks.

Like the original Torchlight, Torchlight II will feature randomly-generated dungeons for the player to explore, and numerous types of monsters to fight for experience and loot. Torchlight II maintains the same basic gameplay as its predecessor, but features overland areas with multiple hub towns, and a longer campaign.Other new features include time of day cycles, weather effects, and a redesigned user interface. Players will be able to customize character appearance with choice of sex, face, and hair style.Additionally, several elements from the first game will be returning, such as pets, fishing, and a retirement system.

[​IMG]

You can pre order the game on steam now!.

System Requirements.
    Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
    Memory: 1GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 1.2GB free space (subject to change)
    Video Card: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory.
    DirectX®: 9.0c

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/ <- GET IT!.

[​IMG]

2. kaizen

Reserved.

3. scaR

scaR New Member

ah insideeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

4. spinner

spinner New Member

Pre ordered and ready to go! Been sitting in my Steam library for too long :D

5. kaizen

updated with some minor info and well.

24 HOURS TILL LAUNCH.

6. kaizen

IT'S UP!.

Made an engineer loving the class so far will try the other classes eventually but I think I've found my main, just beat the first boss on veteran ..I highly recommend for action rpg players to go veteran or higher normal is to easy of a challenge, the multiplayer is down at the moment as I can't remember my account info so can't say anything on that part as yet it's day 1 though so expected will update with my multipalyer impressions and more later.

7. Ragdac

Ragdac New Member

Been running as an outlander , enjoying it so far, shotgun or nothing !

8. mojo

mojo New Member

I'm playing as a Bezerker, the game reuses scene graph setups similar to Diablo II though. Fun level is a lot better than any of the Diablo games however...
    This is a great example of how less can get you more when developing a game.

9. spinner

spinner New Member

Been playing as a berserker as well ;)

10. kaizen

I've been playing on the last difficulty setting.. and playing a hardcore character as well have about 4 characters all on level 30 in act 2, going to try and finish the game soon.