New $50 note to be Issued

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by archvile, Jun 21, 2012.

1. archvile

archvile Active Member

The Central Bank has issued a new $50 note, in commemoration of our upcoming 50th Independence Celebration. This will be the second time around a $50 note was used in our country. I for one gladly welcome this as just a few days ago some friends and I were discussing the need of $50 notes and possibly a $500 not as well.

What do you guys think, approve or disprove?

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/business/New__50_note_by_Aug_1-159824545.html

[​IMG]

2. scaR

scaR New Member

Heard someone talking about this yesterday. Didn't know it was a serious notion. A $50 bill would be somewhat useful, banks might rally against a $500 bill. They're all for electronic methods so they can get their cut.

[​IMG]

3. groff[MFK]©

groff[MFK]© Active Member

A lot of people done saying it don't make any sense bring back such note but i don't see anything wrong with it tho ...

I think i hear my mother them saying that the $50 note was removed due to a robbery and they took a set of $50.00 bills and they remove it one time ... But i didn't get into the story tho ...

This is how it use to look back in the days

[​IMG]

I wish someone can link that story about them $50 notes ...

aye archvile change a $100 for me dey lol ....

4. archvile

archvile Active Member

heh @ change.
    The article mentioned the issue with the previous implementation of the $50 bill, but not in detail.

5. saGa

saGa Active Member

i see nothing wrong wit this for one will make separating money a bit easier, and i always wonder why we dint have one but the 500 bill *dont think so *

6. slickdre

slickdre Member

That is an very old article way back in the 1970 (I stand to be corrected) I will try and find and some information about it, but it is true that there was a robbery and the got the plates of the old $50 bill.

7. Kokujin

Kokujin New Member

u mean this bill.......*troll face*

[​IMG]

8. Doobs

Doobs New Member

i see a use for a $500 bill, you know how many times them contractors does only take cash. a couple grand in $100s does take up real space. Some cupboard work the other day needed 14000 cash. i had to take a bag n a rubber band. $500 bill could real help in these situations.