Anyone else getting problems with flow?

Discussion in 'Tech Zone' started by TaC_Up, Apr 28, 2012.

1. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

As a follow up to my blink thread, I switched to flow this month, and wow, they are worse than blink is. For this entire month I have never received my maximum speed or anything close to it (I pay for 25mbps haven't seen anything close to 3mb per sec).. at best I get half, and on top of that from around 8pm-1am I get periodic internet drops, insane latency and the connection is generally unstable. Note this occurred every day for this month and wasn't just a one off thing.

Anyone else experience this? I am in Belmont if that counts for anything.

2. the_steph

the_steph New Member

around 8pm-1am I get latency - noting super crazy but i do

yeah, but other than than my flow net service is good, dont get drops except recently when south was offline

i have teh 5mbps package (cheapest one i think)
    and when it ready i get full 5mbps - torrent shines in those moments but i dont know when it happens it like a random thing

so... no my flow is fine

3. scaR

scaR New Member

These days it's random spikes.

There has been some disconnecting in the weeks gone by but nothing like that these days. It tends to vary from area to area. You'll never get 25 down unless you use newsgroups.

4. Lord Gowron

Lord Gowron New Member

Flow is a nasty man with League of legends as we all know and there are spikes on a Sunday for me :( I also agree with the torrent thing as when i had blink the torrents were more stable

5. kriminal

kriminal New Member

i get no issue with flow what so ever, there are rare drops but no disconnects

6. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

[​IMG]

This is what's been happening today for the last two hours :|

7. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

Should I only get half though? I haven't seen anything higher than 1.5 megs per sec, which is essentially half of what I pay for. Should I just downgrade the package at this point?

8. Doobs

Doobs New Member

nope

mines running nice. have to b the area u in. when i torrenting assuming the torrent had a good seed/leech ratio i get 605kBps on my 5Mbps connection.

9. soldier

soldier New Member

No.

No problems here.

10. scaR

scaR New Member

Is that with Speedtest.net? You should do tests with the local Flow server as well as Miami. Flow's server should give you your theoretical max. The Miami server would be a more "real world" bandwidth test.

11. mojo

mojo New Member

If it's any consolation, we have tstt's metro E-link at work and we get nowhere close to what we pay for either...

12. scaR

scaR New Member

A lot of downtime yesterday and today. Even cable TV was down.