Looking for employment

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by soldier, Jan 9, 2012.

1. soldier

soldier New Member

Looking for employment in the I.T sector....

I have experience for the last five years with the following responsibilities and more

 Ensure proper functioning of the network.
     Design and organize the system network.
     Assign routing procedures and configurations.
     Maintenance of various network based servers.
     Responsibility of network security
     Assigning of IP addresses to the various devices that are connected to the system network.
     Manage system settings along with printer settings.
     Debug problems that are related to the network.
     Proper maintenance of the systems of the organization.
     Responsible for the purchase of new hardware for the organization.
     Set up standard installation packages for all the systems to ensure uniformity.
     Evaluate the purchase of fresh devices.
     Ensure proper connectivity to all the end users in the organization.
     Planning, testing, recommendation, and implementation of network, file server, mainframe, and workstation hardware and software.
     Establish user profiles, user environments and directories for networks being installed
     Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as system to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
     Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems
     Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
     Configuration of client's equipment to connect to the Internet
     Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems
     Setting up and maintaining backup system for in-office desktop computers and file servers

2. Doobs

Doobs New Member

i'm always on the job hunt. lots of postings on caribbeanjobs.com at the moment that you seem to fit. whether or not they meet your salary expectations is another story.

i also use ghrs and trinidadjobs.com and good ole faithful newspapers. these days i'm in an interview every other week or so.

ansa mcal was looking for a sys admin at their head office in maraval recently. flow is currently looking for an infrastructure engineer.

bdc is looking for a webmaster

infotech has a few positions open.

digidata has 5 postings recently

3. soldier

soldier New Member

I have sent out resume on caribbeanjobs over the weekend. I guess it will take a while for a response.

Will check ghrs and trinidadjobs as well as the newspapers. Thanks.

4. kayode

kayode Active Member

I got my current job, the best I've ever had, from a desperation application I put up on Caribbeanjobs.com. Don't underestimate it.

5. eddoes

eddoes New Member

Same story here as Kayode. Responded to an Ad on caribbean jobs and boom...interview...now happily employed as a result

6. soldier

soldier New Member

well waiting on a response :)

7. mojo

mojo New Member

My last 4 jobs (including current one) were sourced from caribbeanjobs.com too :) You're on the right track!