EVO 2011 Tournament

Discussion in 'Console Couch' started by Geese, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Fermin

Fermin New Member

D Obeya Wukkin!!!!!!!!!!! Poongko Poongko Poongko!!!!

2. Ninja644

Ninja644 New Member

More than likely RB that interviewer would be me because I remember the line of questioning being like this,

"How does it feel to be called the cheapest player of the tournament?" or something like that.

NEO I'm not a critic, just an interviewer. I ask questions that echo everyone's opinion or questions given to me to ask. Its up to you how you answer it. And hell, I agree with you. If you have a playing style and it works, USE IT! Its up to the opponent to figure it out!! They can call you 'cheap' or whatever all they want, but they're still losing right ;)

Like with the same MODOK running. Modok's best bet was to run in the situation. To hell with the crowd, they're not the ones facing the X factor Sentinel! Boo all you want!!!!!

3. Marcus

Marcus New Member

EVO WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Latif beating Tokido, Diago and Poongko, WOW :)
    VIPER VIPER VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Spectre

Spectre New Member

Fanboy :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

5. Ninja644

Ninja644 New Member

Rofl @ Marcus. But, Viper did pwn them though....

Latif played solid and beat out some of the top competitors! Was a fun watch definitely

6. Fermin

Fermin New Member

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKVJEOSGRM"]‪Evo 2k11 MCZ|Daigo Umehara (Yun) vs Poongko (Seth) top 8‬‏ - YouTube

sorry ah cya sleep!!!!!!!!!!!! POONGKO POONGKO POONGKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Fermin

Fermin New Member

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OCNyxVFjQU"]‪EVO2K11 - SSFIVAE - Brokentier Latif (C. Viper) vs Daigo Umehara MCZ (Yun)‬‏ - YouTube

this one is for you marcus LOL!

8. New Era Outlaw

New Era Outlaw Active Member

Actually, your question was more along the lines of "So if you'd kick somebody in the balls to win, you'd do it?" but that quote there doesn't really fare much better. I pretty much rolled with it, but just so you know, it did rub off on me the wrong way.

9. Ninja644

Ninja644 New Member

Really? Damn... Well, sorry if I offended you, but that was nowhere near the intention. Interviews are fun for me and I don't try to hurt any feelings or anything of the sort.

We're at a gaming event, a competitive & fun atmosphere where we come together, talk stupidness and try to win some $$$ in the process. As I said before, I really had no idea I offended you and I'm sorry for that.

And as I told you before why are you offended? This whole fighting cheap/dirty mentality is a dumb mentality alot of people (particularly in Trinidad) have. And as we saw in your 'I get cuss on PSN' you're accostomed to ppl raging on your playing style, so why get offeneded now?

I actually AGREE with your playing style and think you're doing great with it so far. How often I see someone playing Megaman/Roll in arcade and beating waves of people? And in MVC3 you're using the Sentinel crossup & Tron assist ok. Hell after watching EVO we've SEEN what cheap is!

So, in short, sorry if I offended you, but that wasn't anywhere near the intention. It was just a fun question.

10. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

So question for Marcus, Latif was doing real EX Seismo on wakeup and getting corn. I know it has invincible frames and what not but what else could he have done ?

11. Marcus

Marcus New Member

well 2 other choices, block or do HP thunder knuckle, it beats, and sometimes trades with the dive kicks

12. wolverine-master

wolverine-master New Member

I had put that guy in losers. And somebody named moose put me in losers.
    Dude was pretty free first time around.
    But decided to take the gay way out on stream.
    Oh well. How'd you guys like the damage exhibition?
    I'm at the airport trying to get home.

In other news, I have a project that I'm trying to finish by the end of this month.
    I'm doing a solo relaunch video showcasing that every character can relaunch by themselves, without assist.
    It's looking really good so far.
    If any of you guys want in on this, lemme know via pm.
    Thanks again for the support guys.
    I appreciate it.

13. kaizen

kaizen New Member Staff Member

The blazblue was the most exciting for me since I follow that game the most out of all the other fighters.

And wolverine you did your thing man much props!.

14. Geese

Geese Administrator Staff Member

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKVJEOSGRM"]‪Evo 2k11 MCZ|Daigo Umehara (Yun) vs Poongko (Seth) top 8‬‏ - YouTube

in case anyone missed it.

15. Ninja644

Ninja644 New Member

Thanks for the link RB, I actually missed Daigo getting sent to losers

16. *_Q_*

*_Q_* Member

Yeah boy, Poongko get on hard, lol. He won on three levels:

1. He never fought Daigo and he already decided that win, lose or draw, he was gonna hype it way up.

2. He actually slew The Beast.

3. He PERFECTLY slew The Beast.

*LVL 3 HYPER SUPER COMBINATION FINISH!!!*

17. the_steph

the_steph New Member

Wow, the Beast get real licks like I've never seen before

Even he has to make way for the young ones to take over...

18. Kull

Kull Member

Best evo by far

+ pr rog comeback in mvc3 made me shit bricks

+tokido making top 8 in everything O.O

+poongko

+ryan hart making top 8 with kazuya

-boring tekken 6 finals :(

And sf4 ae in a nutshell

Daigo = BEAST
    Poongko = BEAST TAMER
    Latif = BEAST TAMER TAMER