AMD 6XXX series released -- Benchmarks galore!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TaC_Up, Aug 12, 2010.

1. scaR

scaR New Member

w00t @ price drops incoming!

2. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

Benchmarks posted!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are guru3ds but since they are down the source I got them from is: "http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4594658&postcount=776"]Xtremesystems.org

Good to see the 6870 performing as it should. It beats out the 5850 and rivals the 5870.. remember this is the mid range version of the 6xxx along with the 6850.. I'd love to see the performance of the 6970! Also depending on the price, the 6850 = the new 460 GTX

3. ecktt

ecktt New Member

nuh really. NV was quick to cut prices to it head to head with 470

4. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

Benchies @ 1080p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source: TechpowerUp!

5. scaR

scaR New Member

6. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

7. scaR

scaR New Member

Full list of release day benckmarks from Bluesnews

8. ecktt

ecktt New Member

I eh buyin Tech power up numbers.....

100% gain from cross fire?!

not to shabby card otherwise.

9. kriminal

kriminal New Member

weird anandtech gave a totally diff description of these cards...

10. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almost 100% scaling there as well and I trust tom's hardware alot!

11. ecktt

ecktt New Member

Whoa! Information overload form review sites. I just can't shake the feeling that a lot more sites back team Red. Anyway; both ATi and NV went on a hell of a dual card optimization spree. Some forums are reporting both camps have numerous graphic anomalies now but more so on ATi side (I just say what I read). But it all makes sense cause there is an over head in dual card configs that will almost always yield less than 90% gains.

That said, ATi has brought out a reasonable product. Why not great? Cause we live in a consumer market and NVidia was pre-emptive and slashed prices where is counts.

So we have a gtx460 1G going up against a HD6850. I'm seeing the 460 right where the 6850 msrp is so unless ATi hits lower, its a dead heat here. TY ATI for forcing NV hand. I'm liking ATi's lower power consumption too!

At the next is the GTX470 vs HD6870. Again: Dead heat. While its harder to find the 470 at the msrp of the 6870, they are out there.

Who win?
    Us!
    Man i wish ATi drop a next 10% and squeeze NV ballz bit. Though I eh buying a card for a next year at least, It go whip NV into shape by then.

Personally i just find NV have more features outside of gaming that I use. Gamers should be looking at Frames per dollar.

I think it obvious the next card out of ATi gonna be a king of the hill card. Looking at the reviews, what's gonna become of all the old stock 5850 that just got obsolete?

12. scaR

scaR New Member

Right now most sites have it priced higher. The 6870 looks like a worthy upgrade path for me. Not until next year though. Once AMD cards are readily available they will drop below the MSRP.

13. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

Apparently right now due to overclocking potential the 6xxx loses ground on the 460GTX. However at stock speeds the 6xxx wins.

14. phoenix31tt

phoenix31tt New Member

has the 6xxx been overclocked and tested yet?

jus wanna know what kinda o/c potential the 6xxx has

15. ecktt

ecktt New Member

My *guess* would be higher OCs. Time will tell.

16. ups

ups New Member

i was waiting for the 6k series to release before i made my early Christmas purchase, one card to replace the 2 that i have

so far 6850 looking like the one i could afford and still have money to buy black ops and cata, it not really that different from the 6870 and the difference in prices is like wow 180 as compared to 240

17. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome New Member

I switched from 2 5850's to 2 460's on account of some serious issues I had with crossfire.

So far, among other pros, they are overclocking well enough to surpass stock 6870's.

Keeping in mind that the cheapest im seeing a 6870 actually selling for is $275us (hardly ever in stock), the 460's @ $200us are pretty good value, granted they are overclocked.

Of course, Gopaul luck eh seepaul luck, your mileage may vary.

18. TaC_Up

TaC_Up New Member

My my.. some disappointing news.

Source: Fudzilla

Only slightly faster than a 480GTX and it runs hot? If the 580GTX drops and is less power hungry and cooler than a 480GTX with similiar performance I'm going that route.

19. ecktt

ecktt New Member

Leh me quote mehself

"http://www.trinigamers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112189&postcount=3"]TriniGamers - View Single Post - AMD 6XXX series released -- Benchmarks galore!

then again with a name like "Fudzilla"

20. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome New Member

We neeeedddd amd to not flop on Cayman. Nvidia need a little fire under them to give us proper 5xxx cards.