Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will launch on PC via Steam on February 1. It will be priced at $49.99 with a 20% launch week discount.
This is shaping up to be more than just a straight port of the console version of the game. In addition to the many changes made to The Zodiac Age on PlayStation 4, the PC release supports 60 FPS framerates, 21:9 ultra-wide aspect resolutions, a third ‘Soundtrack’ version BGM toggle, cheats to give you maximum gil and license points, and the ability to choose New Game Plus and New Game Minus from the beginning. The port also supports controllers and Steam trading cards.
Find the first official facts on the game in Square Enix’s own words below. You can find the Steam page here, and people who buy the game in its first week on steam will get 20% off and a Steam theme illustrated by FF12 art director Isamu Kamikokuryo. A special stream with the developers will also air shortly after release.
Official Press Release
Following the resounding success of over a million units of FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE™ shipped last year for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Square Enix Ltd., today announced that players can visit the wondrous world of Ivalice on PC from 1st February 2018.
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE on STEAM® will include all of the modern advancements and features available in the PlayStation®4 version, such as latest-generation visuals, a remastered soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, fast forward function, and many other enhanced features. The following new features will also be added for PC users:
- 60FPS – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience
To celebrate the launch of the game, fans can learn more about the new features the PC version has to offer during a special launch programme on 2nd February at 08:00GMT / 09:00CET, where Producer Hiroaki Kato and Director Takashi Katano will answer questions received from FINAL FANTASY fans on Twitter. Viewers can tune into the programme, complete with English subtitles, on the SQUARE ENIX YouTube channel.